Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Da Boss
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Intel on Thursday was hit by a massive data-breach, with someone on Twitter posting links to an archive that contains the dump of the breach - a 20-gigabyte treasure chest that includes - but not limited to - Intel Management Engine bringup guides, flashing tools, samples; source code of Consumer Electronics Firmware Development Kit (CEFDK); silicon and FSP source packages for various platforms; an assortment of development and debugging tools; Simics simulation for "Rocket Lake S" and other platforms; a wealth of roadmaps and other documents; shcematics, documents, tools, and firmware for "Tiger Lake," Intel Trace Hub + decoder files for various Intel ME versions; "Elkhart Lake" silicon reference and sample code; Bootguard SDK, "Snow Ridge" simulator; design schematics of various products; etc.
Source: https://www.techpowerup.com/270735/intel-hit-by-a-devastating-data-breach-chip-designs-code-possible-backdoors-leaked

·
AMD Acolyte
1,603 Posts
The timing of this is interesting. Maybe a disgruntled employee blew a gasket and leaked.

Also, IME needs to die yesterday.

·
sudo apt install sl
7,334 Posts

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Yikes.

·
Premium Member
10,773 Posts
I wonder if there is enough to mod bioses to unlock the mem lockdown they pulled?

·
Graphics Junkie
2,470 Posts
Man can you imagine if people started being able to flash their CPUs? We could go back to the days of core unlocking. This sounds pretty bad for Intel.

·
Slurpee Addict
384 Posts
gee im so glad i moved to intel....-_-

·
Graphics Junkie
2,470 Posts

·
Slurpee Addict
384 Posts
Why did u do that? According to ur specs your motherboard supports a ryzen 3000 CPU.
I bought a z490 -f mobo and a 10700k....

·
Graphics Junkie
2,470 Posts
I bought a z490 -f mobo and a 10700k....
Word. Ur specs say you have an amd 2600x and a 470 motherboard which would support a ryzen 3000 CPU. Curious what made you switch from that to Intel when you could have just upgraded your CPU.

·
Slurpee Addict
384 Posts
Word. Ur specs say you have an amd 2600x and a 470 motherboard which would support a ryzen 3000 CPU. Curious what made you switch from that to Intel when you could have just upgraded your CPU.

wanted to try something new

·
Laptop Enthusiast
9,238 Posts

·
What should be here ?
5,586 Posts
If we can unlock features usually limited to Xeons for consumer and enthusiast chips, I'm interested.

·
FOCAL ARIA FTW
9,346 Posts
All part of the master plan *haha*

1. Have Keller move to Intel? Check
2. Have him dabble a bit on stuff, hit a bolt with a hammer here, print some papers there. Check
3. Have Keller leave INTEL. Check
4. INTEL arch failures made public when numbers were out. Check
5. Lisa Su calls Keller and tells him to execute order 66. Check
6. Dearly bellowed we are gathered here today to read about this Data Breach. Check

Meanwhile Darth Su is forging her empire :)

·
Registered
437 Posts
Clown Show.

This has to be on purpose.

·
Not a linux lobbyist
2,310 Posts
Man can you imagine if people started being able to flash their CPUs? We could go back to the days of core unlocking. This sounds pretty bad for Intel.
Or multiplier/ht unlocking even. If it is difficult to do so only a small% of the customer base is successful, it could have some positives to offset the negatives. At least if it isn't on the upcoming arches. I don't think the core unlocking was bad overall for AMD.

·
I <3 narcissists
6,223 Posts
I'm not exactly sure what all of that means, but it sounds really bad.

·
Premium Member
3,661 Posts
There's bound to be something in there that a group of post-graduates and professors from the leading academic institutions can wrangle into an exploit so difficult to conceive and execute that realistically no criminal will ever bother. The problem is there's been so many of those for Intel already that no-one will care at all.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts