Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
STG3 VET
13,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:
Intel recently added two processors to its list of parts that are soon to be dicontinued forever.The models planned for retirement are the desktop 90nm 2.53 GHz Intel Celeron D 326 (256 KB L2 cache) and the tray version of the mobile 65nm 2.60 GHz Intel Core 2 Extreme X7800 (4 MB L2 cache). The Celeron 326 will be available for orders up until March 12, 2010 and ship till September 10, 2010. The mobile X7800 will be listed till June 19, 2009 and ship until February 19, 2010.
source

·
Premium Member
10,389 Posts
Long past due.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I think the last Celery i saw was running at 2.66ghz single core..... i didn't know they were still around, we haven't sold a single one at this shop in the 2 years i've worked here.

·
Premium Member
16,928 Posts
there is the celeron E1200. very good chip that - OC's like a monster

that said i never heard of either of those chips...

·
O.C.N'ng since '08
1,634 Posts
I had a Celeron D @ 3.33GHz stock that I OC'd to 4GHz on my P5N-ESLi. I loved it...They really shouldn't discontinue the Celeron D line, I mean, Some people just want to build small computers for businesses or for the really poor kids around the world...

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by S2000_Skyline12
View Post

I had a Celeron D @ 3.33GHz stock that I OC'd to 4GHz on my P5N-ESLi. I loved it...They really shouldn't discontinue the Celeron D line, I mean, Some people just want to build small computers for businesses or for the really poor kids around the world...

Celeron D's unfortunately aren't priced competitively when an E1200 etc can be had for very very cheap

·
Registered
317 Posts
junk...

·
Premium Member
5,700 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by JeremyFr
View Post

Celeron D's unfortunately aren't priced competitively when an E1200 etc can be had for very very cheap

they aren't suppose to be competitive with the newer Celerons, Intel kept selling em so they can get rid of all that old 90nm stock but for people that coincidentally, their CPU's fried or overheated or some crap like and just need a quick replacement, where performance isn't necessary.

·
Banned
2,661 Posts
The Intel Celeron 540s and 560s are still quite common in some cheaper laptops. They aren't too bad, but shouldn't be used on anything more than Windows XP.

Throw Vista at them and they die.

·
Banned
2,661 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Weedvender
View Post

Its not junk if it gets the job done. Ask all those small businesses.

QFT!

Just because its not favoured by an enthusiast, doesn't mean its junk.

One man's junk is another man's treasure.

·
Premium Member
7,012 Posts
All desktop Socket 478 CPU production should be terminated if not already and all the crappy Socket 775 Celerons since better CPUs are available for about the same price.

·
Premium Member
15,202 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by arkheii
View Post

I think they should discontinue the entire Celeron lineup now that Pentium is the new chip dump.

I do as well. Celeron is a curse to this Earth.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts