Overclock.net banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
Wait, users are willing to sacrifice some performance so that their voice sounds better in chat while they are playing?
I use it every day now for work calls, the feature to remove background noise of incoming audio is great as well; I don't have to listen to heavy white noise and kids screaming in the background while on long calls.

This may also be a good thing to have for budget vocal recording (music, videos, podcasts etc.)... if you don't have $$$ for a vocal booth and a super expensive mic.

As for your original point of sacrificing performance while gaming... that's why I mentioned above it would be nice if this could be ran on an IGP considering it's not doing anything else while you game.

·
mfw
8,629 Posts
Wait, users are willing to sacrifice some performance so that their voice sounds better in chat while they are playing?
Yes, that's all this is for.

I heard it's also good to filter out unwanted noise so that you can sound as clear as possible, but that's probably just a bonus.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
i don't feel like i need 24 minutes of content to answer that question, but whatever.

idk who they design their content for, but its definitely not me.
It's not about the information provided, it's about cult of personality and the clicks - and therefore revenue - that that provides.

One tech site recently (around when the SARS-Cov2 lockdowns started) shifted to a much more "video-centric" review method, and I've stopped visiting as a result. Split the review across five pages even if it's short - fine (sort of). But 30-50 minutes of waffle and ham acting for information that can be compressed into a couple of tables, a few pictures and maybe three paragraphs of text? No thanks. I stop paying attention, and I miss the info I wanted, so I either have to re-watch, or go looking for that information elsewhere in a format I can extract it from in seconds (a.k.a: reading).

About the only stuff I like watching on YouTube are the luthier videos, because the tips and tricks I learn for carpentry are incredible. :D

·
I <3 narcissists
6,182 Posts
I've never really had any issue with how my (or anyone elses) mic sounds so it seems like it wouldn't be worthwhile to use it. The only time I have ever been annoyed by someones mic is when someone uses their laptops built in mic and keyboard, hearing all their keystrokes drives me crazy.

I guess it might be different for those people who are streaming on twitch or whatever.

·
mfw
8,629 Posts
I've never really had any issue with how my (or anyone elses) mic sounds so it seems like it wouldn't be worthwhile to use it. The only time I have ever been annoyed by someones mic is when someone uses their laptops built in mic and keyboard, hearing all their keystrokes drives me crazy.

I guess it might be different for those people who are streaming on twitch or whatever.
Yes. It seems like this tech is going to useful for those who need it and less than useful for those who don't.

Crazy how that works. ;)

·
I <3 narcissists
6,182 Posts
Well no one NEEDS it.

·
mfw
8,629 Posts
Well no one NEEDS it.
You own more things you don't need than things you do need.

Unless you're a nihilist. Then you don't really need anything.

·
I <3 narcissists
6,182 Posts
I agree completely. I have needs for staying alive (air, food, water) and then I have needs for my sanity to remain intact (electricity, computer, internet, music, recreational things). High quality voice communications is no where near the list of needs, it hangs out with silk underwear, huge watches and expensive sunglasses.

·
Vermin Supreme 2020
25,772 Posts
It's not about the information provided, it's about cult of personality and the clicks - and therefore revenue - that that provides.

One tech site recently (around when the SARS-Cov2 lockdowns started) shifted to a much more "video-centric" review method, and I've stopped visiting as a result. Split the review across five pages even if it's short - fine (sort of). But 30-50 minutes of waffle and ham acting for information that can be compressed into a couple of tables, a few pictures and maybe three paragraphs of text? No thanks. I stop paying attention, and I miss the info I wanted, so I either have to re-watch, or go looking for that information elsewhere in a format I can extract it from in seconds (a.k.a: reading).

About the only stuff I like watching on YouTube are the luthier videos, because the tips and tricks I learn for carpentry are incredible. :D
yep, they're just trying to tap into the modern day digital gold rush COVID19 spawned. dead youtubers were so confused by it they even posted new videos attempting to get the clicks that were going to their old content!

reviews / news that have one paragraph per page are neither of the sort most of the time. I can barely even handle Guru's format, but at least they do a section per page.

·
Premium Member
18,133 Posts
using this on my water cooled 1080 works great no game stutter at all 98% filters out my dog when he barks.

·
PC Evangelist
46,712 Posts
There is no mod, one simply disables the installer/launcher nag so the app starts. A mod would be replacing or adding files. Changing a config file is not modding lol, it's just not being totally dumb when NV left it open to change easily.
A mod would be to make it work with Radeon GPUs.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts