Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
!
17,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:

PowerColor is the first manufacturer to create a low-profile HD 5700 Series card which should fit most media PC cases (slim form-factor cases in general), on the market that have the space for a dual-slot graphics card. Specs-wise, the card follows the reference clock speeds, with the major innovation being the compact form factor, PCB design and cooler here.

Source

It appears that overclocking headroom isn't affected by the compact PCB.
Idle noise is pretty good too.

·
Registered
750 Posts
hmmm i always thought low profile meant one slot

·
Banned
1,782 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by melantha
View Post

hmmm i always thought low profile meant one slot

And I thought it was going to be passive.

The vga port has to go, bring in the display port.

TPU should bench at 1920x1080 instead of 1920x1200 since 1080p monitors have gone mainstream.

·
I might have tacos tonite
22,339 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by tubers View Post
same here.
So low profile = less wider and that's all?
It just means the PCB and cooler aren't as tall
. Cooler can still take up two slots wide.

·
Laptop Enthusiast
9,290 Posts
Worst possible review I've seen yet. Who plays at x4AA/1680x1050 in Crysis with that card? XD I don't play that on my overclocked 470! Leave it to Techpowerup to fail again.

I hardly get fair enough framerates with my 470! And then, oh my favorite part about this too is, they decide that they're gonna attempt to play Crysis at the highest possible single monitor resolution with X4AA with a single card!

I'm sorry for making a big deal out of this but the review is just hideous! I'm surprised it even booted into Windows at that resolution. Also, notice how the graphics aren't segmented like in other reviews? As in, they have Highest settings, no AA @ <insert resolution here> and then they do it with x2 or x4 AA or both. They go from a REALLY crappy resolution with highest settings and no AA to the next step up with x2AA and then to 1680x1050 with X4AA!
I don't play it at those settings. Their idea of a "realistic" review for a GPU that's meant to be put into small machines is an honest attempt but it fails harder than Christopher Reeve did at walking.

·
Banned
1,782 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Godfather View Post
Sucks no Xfire
Did you even read the article?

Doesn't need a Xfire bridge. The PCI-E lanes can handle it.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Ya my CFX 5770's didn't take a hit when I tested with out the bridge. A 5770/50 is no where near running out of bandwidth on PCI-E 1.0 let alone 2.0.

·
Registered
362 Posts
This card isn't bad, but what is going on with the Powercolor HD5770 LP that we were promised? As nice as this card may be, until I hear that they have given up and abandoned the LP 5770, I'll wait.
Has anyone else heard anything?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts