Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Perhaps the fastest silent graphics card in the making, PowerColor's new HD 6850 SCS3 finally taken shape, and will launch soon. The card was spotted first in November 2010, but has since undergone many little changes, particularly with its PCB and components.

http://www.techpowerup.com/144081/Po...-Pictured.html

wow. id be afraid of that sucker snapping my mobo lol

·
Premium Member
8,952 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by luckyduck
View Post

Perhaps the fastest silent graphics card in the making, PowerColor's new HD 6850 SCS3 finally taken shape, and will launch soon. The card was spotted first in November 2010, but has since undergone many little changes, particularly with its PCB and components.

http://www.techpowerup.com/144081/Po...-Pictured.html

I'll bet the marketing will say "With customizable PCI rails to support the 87 pound heatsink, this is more likely to break your case than your motherboad."

Ridiculous.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by XNine
View Post

I'll bet the marketing will say "With customizable PCI rails to support the 87 pound heatsink, this is more likely to break your case than your motherboad."

Ridiculous.

lol yeah. either way though it scares me.

and i rly dont see a point. i dont think this would cater to anyone with a htpc. and prly anyone else is gna run water. or have other fans in their unit anyways.

thing does look impressive though. id love to hold it and see exactly how heavy it is

·
Programmer
28,680 Posts
wow 2 of them in CF would look very cool! No pun intended.

·
Premium Member
8,423 Posts
I'd like to see the back of the card to see what, if any, support is used. I'd also like to see what, if any, heatsinks are included for the rest of the circuitry. If there are anti-bending and adequate heat-removal measures in place it could be an awesome card.

Attached picture since it isn't in the OP.

·
Laptop Enthusiast
9,348 Posts
This thing does NOT weigh more than my Golden Edition. Guaranteed. My heatsink is pure copper and this has what? five heatpipes and some aluminum fins... oh nooooes!

·
Premium Member
5,971 Posts
I looked for this card on sale and haven't seen it. If this card ever actually goes to market they are gauranteed to sales to me. Passively cooled, massive heatsink, two slots, I WANT IWANT IWANT
smile.gif

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
one think for sure though they should make it so if you want you can attach fans i know it ruins the whole entire silent thing but still it would be nice

·
FOCAL ARIA FTW
9,351 Posts
Mobo RMA has gotten a bit more interesting
wink.gif
. Cause of failure? Very heavy Video Card
smile.gif

·
Premium Member
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyduck;13124855
Meh, doesn't look as heavy as the Prolimatech MK-13.

prolimatech_mk13_9.jpg

Image_00.jpg

·
✾ ✿ ❀ ❁
8,397 Posts
strap a silent 120mm fan to this and it would be very cold
biggrin.gif

·
FOCAL ARIA FTW
9,351 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by B!0HaZard;13148225
Meh, doesn't look as heavy as the Prolimatech MK-13.

prolimatech_mk13_9.jpg

Image_00.jpg
Whoa! I would be afraid to have that in my rig
frown.gif

·
Premium Member
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaker;13148260
Whoa! I would be afraid to have that in my rig
frown.gif
Yeah, it comes with a fan holder that you mount to the case so the fans won't add weight to the cooler
biggrin.gif
That's only needed if you have a hot card though
eek.gif

VRM cooling is bad without a third-party heatsink though...

·
FOCAL ARIA FTW
9,351 Posts
Thanks for clearing that up. Shame it looks horrid. Even the Powercolor looks bad iMHO
smile.gif

·
Read Only
10,321 Posts
Wow. I like it but I'm afraid of it breaking something. I would be afraid if it broke my motherboard, case, or even worse, my hand.
tongue.gif

1 - 20 of 44 Posts