Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:
Introduced in 2004, the TJ04 has been a main stable of SilverStone's prestigious Temjin series of tower chassis. Its excellent original design needed only a few minor tweaks and improvements over the years to keep up with the demands of modern PC hardware. An important equation in keeping the TJ04 a popular choice among system builders was its understated and classic styling. So in designing the TJ04-E (Evolution), SilverStone engineers kept the exterior styling largely unchanged while vastly improving the internals.
The power supply is now bottom-mounted with the ability to accommodate up to four 5.25" drives, nine 3.5" hard drives and six SSDs, raising the bar significantly for storage capacity in a mid tower format. In addition to increased storage capacity, the TJ04-E can also install cards up to 17 inches without the need to remove any hard drive cage, a feat usually accomplished in full towers. To make sure the myriad of component can operate effectively, the TJ04-E includes a custom cooling solution to reduce hard drive temperatures and two custom cables with built-in capacitors to facilitate cable management and improve drive stability.

To finish up TJ04-E's already impressive layout efficiency, design details borrowed from other great SilverStone products such as positive pressure and quick removable filters will enable users to easily maintain consistently high performance for years to come. So it is possible that TJ04-E, like its predecessor, will again be able to outlast many generations of PC builds.

Special features:
-Positive pressure design for effective dust reduction
-Support eight expansion slots and extra long graphic cards up to 17 inches
-Classically styled 7mm thick aluminum front panel
-Quick access and removal for fan filters
-Smart backside cable routing design
-Motherboard back plate opening for quick CPU cooler assembly
-Support up to nine 3.5" hard drives and multiple 2.5" drive slots
-Built-in innovative hard drive cooler
-Includes two custom SATA cable for improved cable management

http://www.silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=325

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Looks pretty good. If the price is right I'll buy.

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
Coolermaster,NZXT and Antec should learn from this

Nice looking case and very functional for budget average builders.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
That'd make a wicked server. I count 8 3.5" bays, buy one of those 3x5.25"-to-3.5" with 120mm fan and you should be good for a while

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
smexy... i like that cases are actually starting to look clean/modern/classy
smile.gif
lian-li had it right since day 1

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
YAY for no reverse ATX mobo stuff. I hope they go back to the standard style.

I want a modernized version of this for air cooling next please:

God I just love that case, it's the perfect sized air cooler!

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizlake View Post

That'd make a wicked server. I count 8 3.5" bays, buy one of those 3x5.25"-to-3.5" with 120mm fan and you should be good for a while
I agree I just sent this information to my business partner/friend for review. We are getting ready to build another server.

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFL Replica View Post

Interesting HDD cage. While some people are drooling over what is essentially a rectangular box, others are paying attention to the things that matter, the interior.
smile.gif
I pay attention to both,being the HDD cage the most interesting in this case
smile.gif

·
Premium Member
65,162 Posts
A heatsinked HDD cage to allow more densely packed HDDs....

·
Premium Member
8,952 Posts
Looks very well designed, the HDD cage is very nice as well.

HOWEVER. We need a fulltower with these same features and looks, plus the ability to mount the mobo tray either ATX or Reverse ATX (not that weird ass 90 degree, but true reverse ATX).

My gear would get cramped inside something this small. It's unfortunate how few Full towers exist today that are built as well as this MATX is.

·
Premium Member
13,796 Posts
I like the case a lot. It is kind of like the Antec Sonata revision with two side intakes on the right side panel. That is why the hard drive cage heatsink is positioned on the right.

Also, it has two custom SATA power cable for easier cable management..

Quote:
Originally Posted by XNine View Post

Looks very well designed, the HDD cage is very nice as well.
HOWEVER. We need a fulltower with these same features and looks, plus the ability to mount the mobo tray either ATX or Reverse ATX (not that weird ass 90 degree, but true reverse ATX).
My gear would get cramped inside something this small. It's unfortunate how few Full towers exist today that are built as well as this MATX is.
This is not a Micro-ATX case. It is an ATX case. This has 8 expansion slots.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts