Overclock.net banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:

Barely months into being an ATI add-in board partner, XFX refuses to be a newbie to the scene. After starting off the proceedings with non-reference designs for most of its initial product lineup, XFX adds yet another of its own designs to its small yet formidable ATI Radeon HD 4000 series: a passive-cooled design for an HD 4650 model.

Pictured by ATI-Forum at the ongoing CeBIT event, the XFX Radeon HD 4650 silent keeps up with XFX' black and red colour scheme. The PCB stays black, so does the heatsink over the GPU. Two heatpipes convey heat from the heatsink to a dense array of aluminum fins at the back of the card. One can expect reference clock-speeds for the card, considering its USP mainly is its silent cooling, and not exactly its cooling efficiency to aid overclocking. XFX may announce this card shortly.

Source

·
Registered
280 Posts
Reminds me of a 7600GT Fatal1ty.

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bellatrix
View Post

Reminds me of a 7600GT Fatal1ty.

Reminds me of several old XFX Silent cards they've made in the past.

·
Registered
317 Posts
perfect HTPC card!!!

·
Premium Member
6,985 Posts
if this is like ~$50 itll be too hard to pass up.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by kwudude
View Post

Stick a $5 80mm fan on that sucker and you have a massive overclocker.

I thought the same thing man!! Would be so easy!!

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Umm... that is the ugliest thing I have ever seen in my life. I wouldn't put it in my machine to save my life... gross.

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Odyn
View Post

Umm... that is the ugliest thing I have ever seen in my life. I wouldn't put it in my machine to save my life... gross.

I don't agree... I think it looks like a video card with a passive cooler and a black PCB.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts