Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
16,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Quote:
ZOTAC International, a global innovator and leading manufacturer of graphics cards, mainboards and mini-PCs, today releases a new version of ZOTAC FireStorm, a user-friendly overclocking utility with advanced features that enable enthusiasts to finely tweak and tune their ZOTAC GeForce series graphics card to extract every ounce of performance available.
Source
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,002 Posts
Basically another re-skin of MSI afterburner?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outcasst View Post

Basically another re-skin of MSI afterburner?
Implying afterburner isn't just a skin of Rivatuner?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,933 Posts
EVGA precision allows 1175MV, yet this only allows 1150mv? Derp?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsm106 View Post

That was just being contrary to be contrary?
DON'T SASS ME, SIR.

I've had enough of your sassage.

Wait...that sounds bad...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,933 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by icanhasburgers View Post

EVGA precision allows 1175MV, yet this only allows 1150mv? Derp?
Nevermind i am mistaken. 1150 in both, which is really, really weird since i swear i remember it was 1175... i'm absolutely sure of it.
 

·
WaterCooler
Joined
·
4,315 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven Dizzle View Post

DON'T SASS ME, SIR.

I've had enough of your sassage.

Wait...that sounds bad...
Thanks for the afterlunch lulz.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
15,765 Posts
Ah great. I will remove MSI afterburner and use this as I have a Zotac GPU. Maybe it benefits ;)

Is there FPS locking with this software though? or FPS monitoring with vram?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iARDAs View Post

Ah great. I will remove MSI afterburner and use this as I have a Zotac GPU. Maybe it benefits
wink.gif


Is there FPS locking with this software though? or FPS monitoring with vram?
You have an nvidia GPU
wink.gif
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
15,765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloitz View Post

You have an nvidia GPU
wink.gif
Yes I do :)

And zotac is Nvidia only
tongue.gif
 

·
I like computers
Joined
·
7,546 Posts
I'll probably try running this instead of Afterburner, if only because it matches my build better. As long as it can do fan profiles/adjustment, can't see why not.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
15,765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron_Henderson View Post

I'll probably try running this instead of Afterburner, if only because it matches my build better. As long as it can do fan profiles/adjustment, can't see why not.
Just tested it

Yes you can do fan profiles with it and can OC very well

but I couldn't see FPS locking, nor any on screen display for games such as FPS, Vram usage, fan speed, temperature etc...

I think the software needs to evolve.
 

·
I like computers
Joined
·
7,546 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iARDAs View Post

Just tested it

Yes you can do fan profiles with it and can OC very well

but I couldn't see FPS locking, nor any on screen display for games such as FPS, Vram usage, fan speed, temperature etc...

I think the software needs to evolve.
Too bad about the OSD though. I never really use it much anyway, since I always have Afterburner open on my second display. Will try this out in a few minutes anyway, I still think it will do what I need it to. I like to know vram usage, but as long as I can leave some type of window open on my second display, that should hopefully work. I use FRAPS for on-screen FPS and screen captures, so that won't be a big deal.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
15,765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron_Henderson View Post

Too bad about the OSD though. I never really use it much anyway, since I always have Afterburner open on my second display. Will try this out in a few minutes anyway, I still think it will do what I need it to. I like to know vram usage, but as long as I can leave some type of window open on my second display, that should hopefully work. I use FRAPS for on-screen FPS and screen captures, so that won't be a big deal.
Yeah this might answer your needs very well

One thing I noticed was with MSI Afterburner my Zotac 670 4GB was only allowed for 80% fan profile.

With this software I am allowed to go as much as 100%

Not that I use anything over 75% and no need to, but its still good to know that you can go 100% if you need to.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,143 Posts
I've always been a big Zotac supporter (i.e. fanboy), and this was long overdue, the old firestorm was buggy and didn't work well, I might give this a try, but I've never been one to OC Gpu's anyway (hence why I wasn't aware the 680 i sold could do 1300 core folding at 65c, and yes it was Zotac)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven Dizzle View Post

DON'T SASS ME, SIR.

I've had enough of your sassage.

Wait...that sounds bad...
Sigged
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
124 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by icanhasburgers View Post

Nevermind i am mistaken. 1150 in both, which is really, really weird since i swear i remember it was 1175... i'm absolutely sure of it.
No you`re right PreX 3.0.4 has 1175, dont know about 4.0, I switched to GPU Tweak, and my drivers stopped crashing, might have to do with Tweak also only allows 1150.
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top