Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im getting the TR ultra 120, and i saw people attaching fans to both sides of the CPU cooler. I was wondering would it work if i put two of these fans:
http://www.performance-pcs.com/catal...e26c5c68082a98

if so, how would i go about attaching them. i heard someone using rubberbands, so is it basically anyway i can get them on goe??

tahnsk alot

·
Registered
5,111 Posts

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
your best bet is to get to high cfm fans and also possibly a fan controller! I'm using delta fans which are very loud at 4000rpm but I heard the silverstones are just as good

·
Premium Member
6,546 Posts
avoid silenx fans. i would suggest a scythe or if you got the cash, a noctua fan. if you don't mind the sound, just buy a cheap rosewill form newegg.com

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
also will i need screws? or just use rubberbands? like grunion did

·
Premium Member
6,546 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kingdavid216
View Post

also will i need screws? or just use rubberbands? like grunion did

Thermalright includes one pair of fan wire clips (for one fan). To attach two fans, the easiest safe way to do it would be to use nylon zip ties.

Be advised that, for best ease of use, the fan you choose has to have "open" corners in order to use the fan clips. The fan clips hook onto an open hole in the corner of the fan. "Closed" corner fans need to be modified with a saw or a high-speed motor tool with a grinder attachment in order to work with the provided fan clips.

Hope this helps!

·
Premium Member
6,546 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by grunion
View Post

Huh..rubberbands???
I used Velcro!!!
You don't have to cut it everytime you clean or swap fans, like you do with zipties.

Grunion,

where did you get them velcro ties?

Also, isn't there a danger of the fans' natural vibrations working the velcro loose over time?

Just curious.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
25,202 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by txtmstrjoe
View Post

Grunion,

where did you get them velcro ties?

Also, isn't there a danger of the fans' natural vibrations working the velcro loose over time?

Just curious.

Thanks.

I got the velcro strips at a little fabrics store, where you buy fabric for clothes and furniture.
The fan is very secure, it's not moved 1mm, the 3m tape works great for keeeping the fan in place.

·
Premium Member
6,546 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by grunion View Post
I got the velcro strips at a little fabrics store, where you buy fabric for clothes and furniture.
The fan is very secure, it's not moved 1mm, the 3m tape works great for keeeping the fan in place.
Awesomeness!

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ahah sorry, velcroties. i think im just gonna get the 2 120mm fans i said + the thermal extreme cpu cooler. 118 dollar including shipping and tax at pcextreme. ill can easily get the velcro at an arts/crafts/fabric store i used to work at for free, so its def worth it. think id get any money off of the artic silver pro 7 i have on right nwo? used for like 2 weeks. thanks alot
thumb:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts