Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought my 800D when I was going to WC my rig. I have since abandoned that idea, gotten a Sb set up and don't need this 400lb monstrosity.

What is a good smaller case that will sitll give me good airflow for my sig rig with one 460 swapped out for a 580?

I had an Antec 900 and that thing had terrible cable management.

I want something with good airflow and good cable management.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by JedixJarf
View Post

The 650d.

That doesn't look like it has any better airflow tbh, does it?

·
Banned
1,229 Posts
Get something you can show your friends without being laughed at.

looks a little nicer then the 800D.

Or... get a Phantom >.>

·
Premium Member
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by amantonas
View Post

It does have an intake on the front.

Gotcha, didn't see that. Hmm any other options?

·
Premium Member
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shredicus
View Post

Get something you can show your friends without being laughed at.

Lol my friends already make fun of me for the size of the 800D, when I moved recently they asked if the internet could still function without my rig pulled in.

·
Premium Member
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

Originally Posted by JedixJarf
View Post

Lanboy air? RV02?

I am looking for something much smaller than my 800 right now, I don't want something that will turn my rig into an oven but im looking for a good compromise for size, air flow and cable management. But my real motivation is the 800D is enormous...

·
Premium Member
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Anything that looks a little less "gamer" - I like how the 650d looks but I don't think it really is that much smaller than my 800

·
Registered
496 Posts
Less gamer...good sir look into Fractal Design Cases...may I suggest Define R3...beautiful case with awesome cable management...also the air flow is not bad and is improved over the first version
And they are not expensive
Additionally, there's a sound dampening material...it's always a +

Newegg link 125$ w/shipping

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-002-_-Product

·
Banned
1,229 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by tats
View Post

Anything that looks a little less "gamer" - I like how the 650d looks but I don't think it really is that much smaller than my 800

Yeah in that case (pun?) go for the black box style. There's a lot of expensive black boxes out there like the fractal pictured above, or the corsair 650 previously mentioned.

It's just all about finding the black box that fits your personality. Are you a black box with slightly rounded corners? Are you a black box with some mesh on the front? Are you a black box stuffed with foam padding, shoved under a desk so you forget it's there?

All of these are profoundly deep existential questions that will alter the course of your life. One day you may reach for your power switch, and due to it's awkward location fall over and break your neck. Then you'll wish you had chosen a more appropriately configured black box.

Really what it comes down to is;

Too bleak, or not too bleak? that is the question.

·
Registered
676 Posts
I just went from an Antec 900 (one of the originals) to a 650D and my temps are about the same; no noticeable difference at all. I plan on changing out the stock 200m FRONT fan, along with adding 2 x 140mm on top, then I am going to add a Mountain Mod 3 x 5.25" Bay 120mm Fan Mount & custom fan grill to get even more airflow from the front. As you can see the 650D has so many options that airflow is really no concern.

And size wise, yeah it is a pretty big case... not nearly as huge as the 800d. It fits all my components with room to spare; which is what I like

·
Registered
496 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cmoney
View Post

I just went from an Antec 900 (one of the originals) to a 650D and my temps are about the same; no noticeable difference at all. I plan on changing out the stock 200m FRONT fan, along with adding 2 x 140mm on top, then I am going to add a Mountain Mod 3 x 5.25" Bay 120mm Fan Mount & custom fan grill to get even more airflow from the front. As you can see the 650D has so many options that airflow is really no concern.

And size wise, yeah it is a pretty big case... not nearly as huge as the 800d. It fits all my components with room to spare; which is what I like

Antec 9oo has an awesome airflow and that's well known...it also has a terrible cable management which I hateeeeee

·
Registered
676 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Komder
View Post

Antec 9oo has an awesome airflow and that's well known...it also has a terrible cable management which I hateeeeee

I agree... I absolutely love the cable management in the 650d, what a world of difference, lol.... now I just need to do some cable sleeving to make it all look pro

·
Premium Member
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Komder
View Post

Less gamer...good sir look into Fractal Design Cases...may I suggest Define R3...beautiful case with awesome cable management...also the air flow is not bad and is improved over the first version
And they are not expensive
Additionally, there's a sound dampening material...it's always a +

Thanks I'll look into these. Now all I have to do is find out how to sell (and ship) my 800.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts