Overclock.net banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this is in the wrong forum section, but I was just wondering what the best way is to transport a PC with a beefy heatsink such as the Zalman CNPS10X Performa CPU cooler?

Also do you have to remove your video cards too?

As opposed to removing the heatsink would it be possible to add some sort of bubble wrap or padding to reduce the risk of damaging the motherboard or heatsink?

·
Big Gamer
1,148 Posts
I just carry my pc with everything in it. As long as you don't throw the thing around you should be good just transporting as is.

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
I strap my Antec1200 in a seat-belt make sure its tight and then when i arrive i use a little suitcase dolly with bungee cords to get it where i need.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hysteria~
View Post

I just carry my pc with everything in it. As long as you don't throw the thing around you should be good just transporting as is.

Sure you do, Hydro serie a the best lan cooler IMO.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I lay the case on it's side so the motherboard isn't "hanging." I also put a large bath towel over it to protect it from becoming scratched. I also wrap my monitor in a large bath towel, put it in the original box it came in, and I put the rest of my pc accessories in the box too like my keyboard, mouse, cables, ect. Good luck!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I thought id also mention that I am just planning ahead for LAN ETS in montreal, canada.. Id have to take a train and stuff. I did transport my computer once and once only from my dads place to my place (I built it there) and on our way back he even drove on a road that was under construction (very shaky).

I just want to add some sort of a padding to it.. but what?

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hysteria~
View Post

same, I just wrap it with a comforter and throw it in my trunk.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts