Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All I did was put the bag over my case (with all components still in it) and then the styrofoam on the sides of the case and then threw everything in the box.

My question is, is that ok? Should I worry about anything? It's in the trunk of my car about to drive an hour n half.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dang well I just got on the road am I REALLY risking it or is it fine, would just be even more safe with pillows or in back seat

·
Banned
11,409 Posts
It's more than fine. When I travel with a computer, I just wedge it between the front seat and back seat to hold it in place. It's not a baby. It doesn't need a carseat. If you're really paranoid, you can strap it in the back seat with the seat belt

·
Premium Member
5,295 Posts
Your Venomous X is not Thermalright True Copper but it is better to position your case horizontally on the backseat (so that the heatsink sits up right). That is, the case sits on its side panel. This should reduce vibrations not only to the heatsink but to all add-on cards as well.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks ill be sure to do that from now on. it arrived safely here at my parents house so im happy about that.

didnt bring my monitor, so im not happy with their little 19'' screen ha but ill deal with it for the week!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts