Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 390 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so while conducting my duties as a Soldier I have had a importunity to acquire some trashed and retired military equipment(legally don't worry) So this is what I have so far..... I have a J-Box(Junction Box) It looks like hell on the outside(currently working on that!) but the inside is immaculate clean and sexy! It used to be out fitted with several Fiber optic connectors, BNC connectors, and old parallel serial connectors!
biggrin.gif
I plan to make it waterproof! The overall concept is to have a Main Case(The J-Box) that will house the PSUs, Mobo, Drives, Water Pump, Controllers, HT Radios, and other equipment, while the exterior of the case will have industrial Heater Cores(RADs) mounted as well as a heat exchanger. Every component that gets hot is going to be Liquid Cooled!, the Ram, Mobo VRM SB NB and Cpu, the GPUs, even the two PSUs are water cooled! The Main Case will also have alot of water proof Cannon Plug connectors on the rear that will transfer the data signals(Sata, USB, eSATA, Firewire, Video, etc...), the video signals, and the AC and DC Voltage. This will allow just about any application to be developed for it later! I am also making a External Unit made out of a 2U Rack that will connect to the case and house a clone of all the connectors and controls that the main case has plus an audio amp!
devil.gif


Basic Design:
FRONT VIEW


BACK VIEW


BACK VIEW RAD ENCLOSURE EXPOSED


VERY RUFF SKETCH OF THE EXT UNIT- MISSING ALOT


***UPDATE-- Build Started***

List and PICS of what I have so Far:

1x Junction Box with misc. Cannon plugs
2x Custom Core Rads
1x Corsair single thick 120mm Radiator
1x Corsair Double thick 120mm Radiator
1x Corsair Thripple Thick 120mm Radiator
1x Corsair Single Thick 120mm Radiator
1x Intel i7 2600k Quad core CPU
1x Gigabyte P67 UD7 Motherboard
12x UV Green Apevia 120mm 12v DC Fans
12x Black 120mm Fan grills
4x Green 5v Speakers
1x CCTV Dome Security Camera
4x Industrial Ball Barring Black Wheels
1x Solid SLI Bridge Adapter
250x Foot OD Green Military 550 Cord
100x Foor Black Military 550 Cord
100x Foor TAN/Desert Military 550 Cord
3x 10 Terminal Wire Blocks
1x 4 Terminal Wire Block
4x Corsair 800D Hot swap sata drive Cartriges with quick release
1x Corsair 800D Hot swap Sata Drive Bay with 4x sata back plate
4x Corsair 900D Hot swap sata drive Cartriges with quick release
1x Corsair 900D Hot swap Sata Drive Bay with 4x sata back plate
20x Foot Industrial 1/2" ID Neon Green Tubing
8x Foot 3/4" ID UV Green Tubing
9x Foot 1" UV Green Anti-Kink Coiling
12x 3/4" ID Chrome Green Monsoon Compression Fittings
10x Plastic 1" UV Green Tube Clamps
1x Full Copper OCool G 1/4 T-Block
1x Koolance 3/4" ID Compression Drain T
3x Plastic 1/2" Splice Compression Coupling
13x Rubber O-Rings
1x Extended Barbed Green Valve
3x Can Cyber Green High Quality Paint
3x Black Onyx High Quality Paint
1x Roll Reflective Green Tape
2x Roll Digital Camo Duct Tape
1x Roll Digital Camo Cling Wrap
6 Koolance QDC Kits
Various Micro Dead, Toggle, and Push Switches
Tons of Green lit Switches!
6x Gateway 17" LCD Monitors
SMA Connectors
Cisco E1200N Router
RJ-45 plug
4x Sets of Quick Disconnect waterproof military coaxial connectors for the Analog Audio out!
Huge set of Military Cannon plugs!
Cougar CMX 1000watt PSU
Cougar CMX 700watt PSU
Ross 2000w Studio Amp for external Unit
4x Green 5v Speaker sets
200watt Logitech Speaker set
2x OCZ REVO Drive PCIe SSD's 240Gb!
EK LX LGA 1155 Water Block
EK Motherboard Waterblock Set
4x Koolance RAM Blocks for PSUs
BitsPower RAM Blocks for 4 Dimm set
Double Din DD RES
Aqua Inline Filter
Tons of rotery fittings: 45 Degree, 90 Degree...
SLI extensions
G1/4 Risers
36 wire industrial canceling data cable
LED Voltage and current display LM2596 Adjust Power Supply Module
ST8679 PCI diagnostic test kit with external display
500W SCR Voltage Regulator Speed Controller
G1/4 Interface Water Speedometer
NZXT Century LTE Fan Controller
T-Balancer® bigNG USB MultiFunction Fan / Pump Controller
2X USB to Lan Adapters
USB to DVI Adapter
2X 5.25 Multi Card Readers/USB Hubs
Simple USB Hub
Full Solid CPU Backplate
Low PSI Gauge G1/4 (1-5PSI)
4x Koolance QDC Sets
2x Humidity Sensors with display
Simple 12v Adjustable two channel Pre Amp
10x Green lit simple DC Volt meters
USB Powerd Programable LCD
USB/ VGA 20" Thin CCFL LCD kit
DC Voltage controller Dual green displays 30v-0.3v
USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 extension mounts















































***



















NEED LIST!:
Seal plugs for RJ-45, Molex Power, USB, PS2, Serial, Esata, Sata.
17" Touch screen kits(Captive or resistive)4pin USB or Serial
SMA cables and adapters(for Wifi, 3G, UHF, and VHF)
UHF/VHF Data Modem
UHF Amp(Attenuator)
SMA 45-90 degree antennas
Programmable Keyboard
Biometric Finger Print Reader
Themo Electrical Peltiers 12v DC
BLUERAY Burner

***CHECK OUT MY OTHER BUILDS***

http://www.overclock.net/t/1359879/fatal-by-mccsolutions-fx-8350-tripple-crossfire-hd6990-6970-32gb-1866-full-parallel-water-cooled
http://www.overclock.net/t/1359900/scorch-build-by-mccsolutions-another-all-red-amd-build-phenom-ii-820-oc-budget-build-hd5750-red-and-pink-cathodes-thermaltake-v3-black-amd-edition
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
280 Posts
As for the paint job, are you just going to go with Olive Drab? Or were you thinking one of the ACU camos?
I'm guessing you were using some epoxy to repair the dings in the pics?

Did 8 years active duty myself. Just got out this past Dec. I was in a signal unit in Germany. I like how you have to put down it isn't endorsed by the DoD. The only thing I have seen them actually endorse outside of themselves are air-soft guns.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delirious84 View Post

As for the paint job, are you just going to go with Olive Drab? Or were you thinking one of the ACU camos?
I'm guessing you were using some epoxy to repair the dings in the pics?

Did 8 years active duty myself. Just got out this past Dec. I was in a signal unit in Germany. I like how you have to put down it isn't endorsed by the DoD. The only thing I have seen them actually endorse outside of themselves are air-soft guns.
Yea actually the enamel(Clear coat) fixes all the problems except where I had to remove stucco and concrete from the back edges because I took paint off in the process
rolleyes.gif
. Not sure if im going to keep the look, I dought it though because I was looking for a original but clean look. The whole problem with repairing the bare metal spots with olive green is it will not match because of the sun baked paint currently has a much different look. But its only a few small spots so it may not be noticeable if I use new paint....
thinking.gif
Though you know how it is with military and the paint it being industrial grade it ages well and sticks well, thats why I dont want to fully repaint because the original paint is very strong and does not chip easy.....

And yea about the disclaimer(thanks for reading by the way lol) I defenately dont need to draw bad attention, especially when OPSEC is as high as it is now......
rolleyes.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,377 Posts
Subbed

1. USE AN MSI MOTHERBOARD!
2. Send them a picture
3. ???
4. Profit
tongue.gif


MSI uses "military grade components" on their motherboards.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by P1kk3wyn View Post

subbed this bad boy. i have followed your other builds so far. so why not this one. sweet idea
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPE1000 View Post

Subbed

1. USE AN MSI MOTHERBOARD!
2. Send them a picture
3. ???
4. Profit
tongue.gif


MSI uses "military grade components" on their motherboards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poizyn View Post

Woah that looks good

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
THANKS ONE MILLION GUYS!!!
biggrin.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPE1000 View Post

Subbed

1. USE AN MSI MOTHERBOARD!
2. Send them a picture
3. ???
4. Profit
tongue.gif


MSI uses "military grade components" on their motherboards.
Great idea
tongue.gif
perfect advertising for msi

Oh and subscribed
smile.gif
wanna see this build completed

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinnedone View Post

what exactly are you planning with the outside? Windows? stealth and only pretty on inside etc?
Thats kinda why I made this thread because I have no idea yet lol, hoping some of you guys would inspire me lol. Although the few thoughts I do have lingering are to create a chambered liquid cooling system, which means basically the RAD would be on the exterior but indented with the lines of the case while also providing ample air flow for the fans and topped off with a nice military air filter, also I was thinking since the lettering one the front is not coming off I figure im gonna put some type of window there, and finally I can reuse the waterproof industrial style fittings and en-chamber the ports that hold the power hook up, usb, etc... externally giving it that rugged military look while still functioning as a water proof solution while in transport.....
thinking.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,542 Posts
Maybe instead of plexiglass windows use a nice industrial looking mesh? With some good lighting in the case Im pretty sure it would look nice as you would get a glimpse of whats inside but still keep a sort of military generator look to it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
280 Posts
Quote:
More pics, the clear coat is turning out quite nice! biggrin.gif
Yes it is! Looks almost brand new except for they always give things the dull look to soften light off of it.
Quote:
And yea about the disclaimer(thanks for reading by the way lol) I defenately dont need to draw bad attention, especially when OPSEC is as high as it is now......
When I was in Germany I told them I need to be able to have a different hair cut because nobody in Germany wore the style. To practice OPSEC and all...they laughed and made me beat my face
tongue.gif


Quote:
1. USE AN MSI MOTHERBOARD!
2. Send them a picture
3. ???
4. Profit tongue.gif

MSI uses "military grade components" on their motherboards.
LOL!
I use MSI on my past two builds. When it boots up it says. MILITARY CLASS MAINBOARD. Pretty much just means it can withstand more punishment. Made from ceramic instead of plastic. Better chances it wont crap out on you is all. Still though, reminds me of soldiers! They can take a beating...I know from experience.
thumb.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,377 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delirious84 View Post

I use MSI on my past two builds. When it boots up it says. MILITARY CLASS MAINBOARD. Pretty much just means it can withstand more punishment. Made from ceramic instead of plastic. Better chances it wont crap out on you is all. Still though, reminds me of soldiers! They can take a beating...I know from experience.
thumb.gif
My asrock mobo kept dying so I gave up and just bought an msi motherboard, hope it lasts
tongue.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Is there any thing on the side panels that you can see through? Like a mesh or something.. i personally think it will look nice with a window or a mesh sort of idea.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinnedone View Post

Maybe instead of plexiglass windows use a nice industrial looking mesh? With some good lighting in the case Im pretty sure it would look nice as you would get a glimpse of whats inside but still keep a sort of military generator look to it?
Its so funny you say that because I have somting similar I have salvaged, they are those Florescent light covers that have a Opaque diamond pattern designed to spread light evenly, I have two big pieces! I guess the down side to using sumthing like that would be that you couldn't actually see in it. And I cannot use regular fabric or metal mesh because I still want it to be water tight, unless you mean use it to cover the plexi then I can do that!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,542 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCCSolutions View Post

And I cannot use regular fabric or metal mesh because I still want it to be water tight, unless you mean use it to cover the plexi then I can do that!!
Cover clear plexi with mesh..... Check! lol
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by richie_2010 View Post

i think it would have looked good all beat up the way it was, gives that rugged feel on the outside but make it clean and perfetct on the inside
I would have except for the fact that because that paint was so sun baked it turned back to its powder bace and left powder residue everywhere lol, so bad just one wipe of your hand and ur had would be green......
redface.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinnedone View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCCSolutions View Post

And I cannot use regular fabric or metal mesh because I still want it to be water tight, unless you mean use it to cover the plexi then I can do that!!
Cover clear plexi with mesh..... Check! lol
Yes!!!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
 
1 - 20 of 390 Posts
Top