Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering if anyone else is going to be getting Trials Evolution: Gold Edition?

I'm going to be getting it, because 1) I don't have a 360 in my current location 2) It's an awesome game which I've spent too many hours on 3) Conveniently timed birthday money.

For anyone who hasn't heard of it, it's a motorcycle game by RedLynx that released on the 360 . It's not racing exactly. It's more of a skill game, where it's more about getting past obstacles quickly. The main mode is more like time trial, than directly racing.

For me, the best feature is the level editor. There's a fully featured level editor that takes some time to learn, but some amazing levels can be created and uploaded. I saw someone remake Green Hill Zone of Sonic on it, including collecting rings and all - and this is a motorcycle game! Another really good one was a remake of 'Splosion Man. It's fun to download new levels of many different types for free. It makes it worth the price.

Another feature related to the level editor; in the custom levels you can make your own vehicle to play it with. I made a monster truck out of various tyres, metal pieces and barrels on the 360 version. The physics can be played with a lot to do this and other things. Traps can be made, things can be unmovable or go flying from a tap, it can rain items to knock you down or keep them suspended in the air so you can drive on them.

It's usually a 2D game, but 3D levels can be made too in the editor. You usually have to stick to a line, but again that can be changed and free-roam enabled.

Here are some non-level editor reasons why I recommend this game. You can compete with your friends in two ways; directly on multiplayer levels (which you can download or make yourself) and indirectly - it shows your friends 'ghosts' when you're playing single-player. The ghosts are particularly good for me, being out of my home time-zone.

Even if you play it as a stand alone game, it's fun to go through the exams and levels.

It's releasing in March, but the preorder with beta access is releasing on February 28th. UPlay preorder is already up and Steam preorder is supposed to be coming up February 28th or near then. US websites are selling is cheaper than the EU Ubistore.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,305 Posts
There's a deal running that if you pre-order it, you get a free game. So I got Might and Magic Heroes 6 Gold and pre-ordered it.

I loved the original on the Xbox and am super excited that it's coming to PC. The only thing that would make it 100 times better, would be steam workshop integration for people to share all the content. I'm sure the game already has a good solution for it in-game though.

Edit: Just so people know... this was a franchise that started on the PC... was popular and then went to consoles. So I'm super excited that they are bringing it back home.
smile.gif


 

·
Registered
Joined
·
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derko1 View Post

There's a deal running that if you pre-order it, you get a free game. So I got Might and Magic Heroes 6 Gold and pre-ordered it.
U.S. only last I checked. Technically pre-orders aren't supposed to be applicable on that offer but on the U.S. site it goes through. It didn't on the EU site and on the UK site the cost doesn't qualify (£20 for free game). Due to this, I'll probably end up getting the Steam version. I was going to get the UPlay version if the offer went through.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,079 Posts
My xbox was stolen while I was on vacation and instead of replacing it I got a 7970.... so yea. I LOVED this game (when I had it lol) SUPER excited its coming to pc.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdenSB View Post

U.S. only last I checked. Technically pre-orders aren't supposed to be applicable on that offer but on the U.S. site it goes through. It didn't on the EU site and on the UK site the cost doesn't qualify (£20 for free game). Due to this, I'll probably end up getting the Steam version. I was going to get the UPlay version if the offer went through.
Couldn't someone buy it for you stateside and it'd be cheaper for you... plus you'd get the free game? PM me if you need help with it... I don't see why you wouldn't be able to do it. All the site needs, is to see that you're here.

But yea... the game is pretty freaking awesome!

Edit: Looked into it and since it's tied to your account.... so it would need to be a new account made and then as long as you have the log in info, then it'd be fine for you. Again, let me know if you're interested.
thumb.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derko1 View Post

Couldn't someone buy it for you stateside and it'd be cheaper for you... plus you'd get the free game? PM me if you need help with it... I don't see why you wouldn't be able to do it. All the site needs, is to see that you're here.

But yea... the game is pretty freaking awesome!

Edit: Looked into it and since it's tied to your account.... so it would need to be a new account made and then as long as you have the log in info, then it'd be fine for you. Again, let me know if you're interested.
thumb.gif
I'm actually not sure. I have an account, so I'd probably want it on there to keep things together. I tried buying it using a VPN, but it got rejected. Not sure if it was due to my Paypal address being different (never been a problem before) or due to my account being EU (never bought UPlay games directly from UPlay, so not sure). I might take you up on it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdenSB View Post

I'm actually not sure. I have an account, so I'd probably want it on there to keep things together. I tried buying it using a VPN, but it got rejected. Not sure if it was due to my Paypal address being different (never been a problem before) or due to my account being EU (never bought UPlay games directly from UPlay, so not sure). I might take you up on it.
PM me if you're interested. I'm pretty sure we can get it on your current account.
tongue.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I decided I'm going to go for the Steam version - about the same price as the US version but in my Steam Store.

That said, I was given two 30% off codes for the Ubistore. They didn't work for me on the EU store, so they may be US store only. PM me if you'd like to try using one for Trials Evolution.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,305 Posts
Awesome! I'm downloading the game now... just got home from work. Can't wait to play!!!
thumb.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm downloading now too. My Ubi ID is EdenB, so feel free to add me on there for multiplayer. Steam is in my signature.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marafice Eye View Post

Damn you, got my hopes up, thought it released early. Still have to wait 3 weeks to get it on Steam
You can buy it on Steam now and it'll give you beta access. It's apparently still pretty poorly optimized though (as said; beta).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
886 Posts
Yes I will definitely be getting this!

Ever since I sold my 360 about 2 or so years back I've missed Trials HD, glad a new version is coming for PC
smile.gif
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,061 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErOR View Post

Yes I will definitely be getting this!

Ever since I sold my 360 about 2 or so years back I've missed Trials HD, glad a new version is coming for PC
smile.gif
TE Gold is both Trials HD and Trials Evolution.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,061 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErOR View Post

Exactly dude! That's why I'm so excited
biggrin.gif
I had a blast with Trials HD, and I bought Evo, and played with it awhile on 360. Love them both, can't way to design tracks with a KB/M instead of a controller.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,165 Posts
Just bought it and it's letting me play it even though it's not meant to be out for another 3 weeks
headscratch.gif
 
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Top