Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to overclock my Intel Q8300 from 2.5GHz to 3.00 GHz. From what I've read this is easily doable. Well, this was my first attempt at overclocking and I wasn't sure what I did. Basically there was something that said FSB : 1333 MHz ( or something very close to that ) and I changed it to 1400 MHz. This increased it to 2.62 GHz , so I increased it higher to 1450. I saved and exited my bios, but the computer froze. I manually turned off my desktop and restarted it, but it's not stuck at the screen that says: press Delete to enter Bios and press Tab to view Bios message. It's stuck at that screen and I pressing delete or tab doesn't do anything.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
79,072 Posts
Oh, you'll need to reset the CMOS chip. Which motherboard do you have?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey thanks a lot! That fixed it. I'm not sure if this is the right model for my motherboard, but when i looked inside, it said Asus P5n73-am.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
79,072 Posts
Oh wow, you did it! hehe Cool. :)

Anyway, wow, you have a motherboard that's not very good for overclocking at all. I'm surprised you got as far as you did with it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Damn, oh well. Thanks for the help though. At the very least I got my computer back. By the way, do you think I would even notice a performance increase if I raised it back from 2.50 GHz to 2.60 something-ish?

·
Not new to Overclock.net
79,072 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by breakline View Post

Damn, oh well. Thanks for the help though. At the very least I got my computer back. By the way, do you think I would even notice a performance increase if I raised it back from 2.50 GHz to 2.60 something-ish?
I doubt it because it's only a 100 MHz difference compared to the 2500 MHz you're at now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts