Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as title says i tried to update my gpu drivers because if i try to play a game it would crash the drivers after about 10 minutes and would therefore artifact the screen from there on until a system reset.
i accidently also tried to install the omega raid drivers when the system BSOD'd and thats where the usb function ws lost. i tried to reinstall the drivers but it wont install? i keep getting error for gpu drivers "install source package not found" what can i do to fix this?

Error messages
Application Install: install source package not found

also the CPU is 8350 and the mobo is asrock extreme 6 990fx

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtech1 View Post

as title says i tried to update my gpu drivers because if i try to play a game it would crash the drivers after about 10 minutes and would therefore artifact the screen from there on until a system reset.
i accidently also tried to install the omega raid drivers when the system BSOD'd and thats where the usb function ws lost. i tried to reinstall the drivers but it wont install? i keep getting error for gpu drivers "install source package not found" what can i do to fix this?

Error messages
Application Install: install source package not found

also the CPU is 8350 and the mobo is asrock extreme 6 990fx
Did something like driver sweeper work to remove all the old drivers? Then, redownload and reinstall from scratch.

You could also try rolling back the machine using Windows restore.

Not sure if I followed you correctly or not. Try to grab some of the drivers off Asrocks website rather than from AMD.

Good Luck.

Edit: If the drivers are so corrupted you cannot move forward, reinstalling Windows would also be an option. Hopefully its only a software issue and not a hardware failure.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i got the usb to work again but still having trouble with the gpu drivers , its still throwing me the "Application Install: install source package not found" and thats after using driver fusion many times i can't reinstall windows atm as i don't have enough space to backup my files

·
Registered
504 Posts
I have used this in the past myself AMD Catalyst Clean Uninstall Utility 1.4.0.0. It would uninstall all AMD drivers in your system. Then once you know your system is clear of old drivers you can try to install your new driver again. What did you have to do to get the USB ports to work again? If it was something driver related that would lead me to think something from an old driver/failed driver installation is still in your system causing issues.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts