Overclock.net banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
9,264 Posts
Nice to see the Magicool Elegant in there... best rad for silent cooling.. beating the PA with half the surface area (single row VS dual row) that copper plating instead of paint really does the job. brass tubes are also copper plated on the insides, according to the magicool sales rep I spoke at CeBit. Nice to see the GTX still superior for high CFM, though even here the Elegant comes in VERY close. If they ever release a 480 dual row version, I swear I'll be all over it.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Always go with a Black Ice GTX radiator. They are impressive, as you can see from the reviews...huge difference from my old rad when I bought my Black Ice GTX 480.

·
Banned
11 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by javier
View Post

I love the look of the magicool elegant, but those endtanks scare me. Does anyone know what they're made of?

polycarbonate

·
Banned
9,264 Posts
Magicool Elegant series is highly recommended... a previous test showed they were great, now this shows the same thing, and I will therefore recommend them more often. Performance PC's has them.. FrozenCPU is supposed to have them according to the sales rep I spoke at CeBit though i havent checked..
EDIT: checked FrozenCPU... dont carry them

·
Premium Member
22,477 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,477 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by jam3s
View Post

and don't forget Skinnee's reviews as well

he compares the Swiftech MCR320, ThermoChill PA120.3 and the XSPC RX360

http://www.skinneelabs.com/Radiators...ared-main.html

I forgot his, I saw it the other day and something came up and I never did read it. I'm going ot go find it now.

·
Premium Member
4,348 Posts
Quote:
I was very disappointed with the HWLabs radiators. I really like the Black Ice style and finish, the radiators are gorgeous and solidly manufactured. So I wanted these rads to do well, but they simply didn't. It's clear that they are geared towards high-rpm-fans but even with those, they don't perform especially well. Even at 2000rpm, the Thermochill delivers equal temperatures as the GTX. And at every other fan speed, the Thermochill and other radiators clearly perform better than the Black Ice rads. More importantly, even at the high heat load and 2000rpm, the GTX beats the much cheaper MCR320 by only 1°.
So, while it's possible that the HWLabs radiators start outperforming the competition at even higher rpms than I tested, I don't see the point in them. Even if you aren't into silent computing, you shouldn't risk your hearing to get optimal temps.
Hmm im pretty surprised at this..i was thinking of selling my PA and going with a GTX rad but now it seems that wouldn't really be much of an upgrade.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts