Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, have a lial li pco11 xl with three 360mm radiators. Currently I have all ( top, bottom, side) set as intakes. There is a single 120mm exhaust. I know this is massive positive pressure but I thought theoretically having all intake would cool the water best. I can't decide whether to change my top rad fans to exhaust. The downside I have noticed with all as intake is that it heat soaks the entire case where it is warm to the touch so it may be adding heat to the radiators.
What do you think top intake or exhaust, thanks.

Top fans mounted as exhaust in pic from my original setup.

·
Premium Member
3,769 Posts
Always make the top exhaust...hot air wants to travel upward why fight it....
Hot air travels upwards when there is no other circulation. Once you introduce fans then it’s blows the air around to much for it to rise.

·
Premium Member
3,769 Posts
Exactly.....I see these rigs with fans everywhere....major overkill....they dont seem to understand gpu under some load is meant to get warm unless you have a open air setup...5 fans is more then enough....
Sure they are…. Warm means throttling which means lower performance. Thanks but I’ll keep my stuff cool

·
Premium Member
3,769 Posts
u want to keep it cool just keep it off.....putting fans everywhere isnt a solution.....
Keep it off? What nonsense is this? Why would we want to keep it off. Again thanks but ok thanks I’ll stick with my fans and keeping it cool.
You can do whatever with your measly 5 fans

·
Premium Member
3,769 Posts
Lol....ok dude....u put those fans everywhere and while ur at...dont forget to put one near your piehole...there is alot of hot air coming from there....suggest you read a physics book if u ever have the chance...when ur not to busy buying more fans....unless your dipping ur gpu in some kind of cooling liquid or gas....ur box full of fans aint gonna cut it....
Sure whatever you say buddy. You stick with your 5 fans and turning off your GPU, I’ll be here keeping mine cool.
The cooling liquid is called water

·
Premium Member
3,769 Posts
Ya you have a point but why fill ur case with fans and run them at 30 percent...when you can just have a adequate number and run them at 45percent.....5 to 6 fans...should be more then enough...past that your just wasting money...
Such nonsense is not worth a response

·
Premium Member
3,769 Posts
My point exactly.......alot of noise....and still alot of hot air :)...now if u had used fewer fans...you would have been able to hear properly .......
Actually my system is whisper quiet but nice try.

·
Premium Member
3,769 Posts
Hahaha......lol.....truth comes out...all those fans and you still waiting on a block to bring down the temps....tsk tsk....
Huh? I’m waiting for a block cause I put everything under water. The fans are for the radiators.
Go educate yourself on what water cooling is, doesn’t seem like you have a clue

·
Registered
295 Posts
cut it out you two....
OP, if you do switch your top to exhaust make sure you post back results on the temps.
Cheers and happy watercooling.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have a similar setup, I had the top radiator as exhaust initially, I switched them all to intake and I did not notice any change in temps which surprised me.

·
Registered
410 Posts
The top 3 fans are already facing exhaust.
🧐
He's right! Great catch.

I think this is one of those times where I question how useful your side radiator is. I assume it's not a very thick rad in order for it to fit between the top and bottom? I wonder what it would be like if you had the side without a rad (just fans) as intake, bottom intake, and top exhaust. The GPU will cause some turbulence from the bottom air, so the side intake should supply good fresh air to the top exhaust rad. The rear exhaust would do a good job of grabbing that warm intake air coming from the bottom rad.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
He's right! Great catch.

I think this is one of those times where I question how useful your side radiator is. I assume it's not a very thick rad in order for it to fit between the top and bottom? I wonder what it would be like if you had the side without a rad (just fans) as intake, bottom intake, and top exhaust. The GPU will cause some turbulence from the bottom air, so the side intake should supply good fresh air to the top exhaust rad. The rear exhaust would do a good job of grabbing that warm intake air coming from the bottom rad.
The side radiator is good still a 55mm. I changed my top fans to exhaust and I think it is all around better. Case is no longer hot to the touch and looks to be lower temps.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts