Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:
The Case that was based on the famous Startrek Tricorder and was designed by one of the most Famous Set builders of the StarTrek saga, "Mike O'Kuda" and then was commissioned to be built earlier this year by The Famous Computer Case Master Builder "Bill Owen" of MnPcTech.com. Most known for voiding warranties, Bill built this case for the People of "Maximum PC Magizine" and the Case was given away as a Grand Prize in one of thier contest this year. Well the Winner can't pay the taxes on it so its up for sale.. $8000.00 will buy you a Mike Okuda-Bill Owen Original Case.

source of the build

Ebay Listing.

Official release.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Do you have to plug atari games into it to record data?

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
bill has lost his touch, he is a modder for hire now. he is a good business man but lost his touch for modding. that thing is ugly!!!

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
its not even close to the elite 430 design lol. it looks like utter crap.

I'd rather buy an NZXT phantom

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
what a waste of money...

·
PC Evangelist
48,324 Posts
At least but a better system inside. The past are worth less then 1.5K. Have at least a water cooled 3K build and sell the case for extra 5K.

·
Premium Member
4,084 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rent.a.john View Post

It's not that bad, the exclusivity is whats driving up the cost. I really like the plexi-glass side.
Exclusivity for a computer case...

I got a one-off mountain mods sitting in my closet. Custom cut side panels, modded interior, custom made parts you can't find anywhere because no one has ever made them.

Where's ma 8k?
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by downlinx View Post

bill has lost his touch, he is a modder for hire now. he is a good business man but lost his touch for modding. that thing is ugly!!!
its ugly because its modeled after the older star trek style, not the new. IMO that makes it even more geeky and legit
cool.gif

that said, i think its ugly as heck too. lol

·
Pigeon Poop Enthusiast
4,288 Posts
No one is buying that crap for $8000, especially from a 0 feedback seller.

·
PC Gamer
1,163 Posts
Forget that..I just did my "if I win powerball" build and saved it to my wishlist on newegg the other day. 3960k, 32gb ram, 2tb ssd storage, tri sli 3gb 580s, and ALL uber highend peripherals and it clocks in nearly 1k less than this.

1 - 20 of 156 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.