Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
7,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wonderfull son got on my wifes computer and found 56 Trojans called istbar.
ive been trying to kill these things but they keep multiplying. FUUK!!!!!!
I finally found a Symantec istbar remover im trying now. I AM SO PISSED!!!!!

ARRRRRRRRGGGGGGG
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,743 Posts
tends to be the way it is here too, something happens to the computer, and then i get the call ....

at least you have a son to spread the work load


And so far 1gig of ram is plenty of room for my GFs computer to have all the spyware she wants and she doesnt even notice
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
7,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:


Originally Posted by spookedjunglist

tends to be the way it is here too, something happens to the computer, and then i get the call ....

at least you have a son to spread the work load


And so far 1gig of ram is plenty of room for my GFs computer to have all the spyware she wants and she doesnt even notice


There I think I finally got that persistant Bastord. I had to delete some regestry values. Hope I got the right ones LOL
 

·
Linux Guru
Joined
·
5,734 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Crash

There I think I finally got that persistant Bastord. I had to delete some regestry values. Hope I got the right ones LOL

LOL....We all get those calls.

My favorite comp problem is trying to find and kill 3 viruses without and antivirus, It took me 3 hours of watching the taskmanager to pick them out.

Good job at ridding those,did you find the source?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,013 Posts
well i am on call to 4 different families who call me when they have problems with their pc's. it annoys me at their ignorance towards spyware and viruses.

eg. "wahoo, i have won the hourly prize! click click click. oh dear virus"

i should start charging.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,316 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Crash

There I think I finally got that persistant Bastord. I had to delete some regestry values. Hope I got the right ones LOL

Yeah, just get rid of that HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE registry key and everything below it...you don't need that


For anyone who is reading this - I'M JOKING
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,000 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by xms

Yeah, just get rid of that HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE registry key and everything below it...you don't need that


For anyone who is reading this - I'M JOKING

OOPS TOO LATE...

ALSO joking...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,248 Posts
yeh, anyone try to explain to a computer illiterate person how to remove viruses on WinXP Home with 8 different users? lol..."no, don't restart when it tells you to....no...damnit, I told you not to restart. Now you have to start back at user 1......why?...cause now the users you cleaned off are infected again.....why?....cause the other users didn't get cleaned off and it reinfected the first ones....i know you didn't go on the internet.....grrrrr, i thought i told you not to restart."
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
7,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:


Originally Posted by zokus

yeh, anyone try to explain to a computer illiterate person how to remove viruses on WinXP Home with 8 different users? lol..."no, don't restart when it tells you to....no...damnit, I told you not to restart. Now you have to start back at user 1......why?...cause now the users you cleaned off are infected again.....why?....cause the other users didn't get cleaned off and it reinfected the first ones....i know you didn't go on the internet.....grrrrr, i thought i told you not to restart."

Thats kinda how it went. How come after I get rid of them all in the regestry they come back?
Its a single user computer
I disabled Restore
Ran every GD spyware program there is.
Deleted the registerys
The program files one wont let me del it, says someone is useing it.
5 of them bastards come back, 4 in the reg and 1 in program files.

Any Ideas guys???????
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,248 Posts
there must be another program in there that's blocking you from deleting it. You will have to locate it and shut it down b4 you can delete them all for good.
 
  • Rep+
Reactions: Crash

·
Banned
Joined
·
7,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quote:


Originally Posted by zokus

there must be another program in there that's blocking you from deleting it. You will have to locate it and shut it down b4 you can delete them all for good.

Yeah, thats what I was thinking. I was hopeing for a quick fix, but it looks like Ill have to go through the logs and snipe them one at a time. Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,248 Posts
lol, FREDS kicking you in the ass again. (Frustrating Ridiculous Expensive DeviceS)
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top