Overclock.net banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi and thanks for reading,

I have a 3500+ winchest and cant seem to get it past 2.4 stable. Last time i got it past 2.4 it corrupted my harddrives. I posted a thread at ocforums.com and get some good responses. If you wouldnt mind reading through that first it would save some typing time for me.

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=439003

Thanks for suggestions,

Right now its running windows stable, going to prime it before i go to work.
I set the pci bus frequency at 66.66/33.33, hopefully from what that thread was saying, this will fix my problem with it corrupting my harddrives

-Swiften
Thanks again

·
Registered
586 Posts
i thought winchester's weren't great for overclocking ;0

plus your value ram will probably have to go up to cl3 before you'll get any more fsb out of it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
my ram timings are 3-3-3-8, i just mainly want to know if my harddrive is going to get corrupted again. I found the pci bus frequency setting my bios and set it to 66.66/33.33, do you know if this will prevent that from happening?

I also have a divider on my ram so that it runs slower (186mhz), i should be able to still get a decent clock, even without high preformance ram, i also hear that wini's can get to 2.6-9 on air

-Swiften

·
Banned
151 Posts
Go into the BIOS and under something like "Advanced Chipset Options" there should be an option to set your RAM speed. Set the frequency to DDR333 from DDR400, if that's where it's at. That's most likely your problem.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah i've had it set at that, i know thats no the problem, i doubt a problem with my ram is corrupting my harddrive. I hear that locking your drive to a certain frequency solves the problem, i want to make sure that i have it locked correctly.

-Swiften

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Alright i'm at 2507mhz (228x11). SuperPI 32m stable and p95 stable, game stable as well. temps are a bit high... 36idle/50load

i think i'll stop here untill i get a better cooler for my cpu

·
Premium Member
3,952 Posts
Sup swift! I thought you were going to upgrade that memory? btw, did pink get you to join the site?

I recommend the thermaltake bigtyphoon. It's the best bang for your buck. I think it's 40 bux on ewiz.com..

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
nah i found this site on my own, and yes i need to upgrade the mem, but i also had to get a better psu

i wanna get 2 gigs of good mem for cheap, gimme some links cable, and about the hsf i was thinking the zalman-7000

swift

·
Premium Member
3,952 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Swiften

nah i found this site on my own, and yes i need to upgrade the mem, but i also had to get a better psu

i wanna get 2 gigs of good mem for cheap, gimme some links cable, and about the hsf i was thinking the zalman-7000

swift

u shure swift? because I have made posts for you here before. Humm, the Zalman eh, I would pass on it, there a little overpriced for what you get, but it would be an improvement over the stock HS/F.

·
Premium Member
5,332 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Swiften

lol just do it, and i duno is the tt good?

The typhoon is the best air cooler out there.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts