Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My PC takes a VERY long time to initialise the OS install (15 minutes).

After the "select language and keyboard type screen" I get the message

"Windows cannot be installed to this disk. This computer's hardware may not support booting to the disk. Ensure that the disks controller is enabled in the computer's bios"

What does that mean? I cleared the CMOS before trying to install. I set CDROM as the first boot device and the hard disk as the 2nd.

On the screen where you can select the partition, drive etc for the install, 'format', 'extend', 'delete' are unclickable. No drives were found. Click "Load Driver to provide a mass storage driver for installation."

When I put the mobo's Cd in (with drivers etc) it says

"No signed device drivers were found make sure that the installation media contains the correct drivers and click okay."

Am I missing a setting in the BIOS?

Thanks

Edit:

HDD - Seagate, 7,200rpm, 160Gb

PSU - no name 500w

Mobo - Gigabyte GAMA 78GM US2H

CPU - AMD 7750

RAM - 2 x 2Gb Corsair XM2

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry.

This is a new (of old components) build.

There's only one HDD in the new build.

·
Premium Member
17,407 Posts
Make sure when installing the OS to select "Advanced Options" and "Load Drivers". Then insert the MB CD and load the drivers off the MB CD. it should have the 790FX chipset drivers the OS needs to recognize the chipset, thus the HDD on the controller, and allow you to install the OS.

edit: realized you are not installing to the Chipset on your system's motherboard. Let me get the Gigabyte drivers for you...

Here is the driver page:
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/pro...41&dl=1#driver

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks a lot.

I have the driver CD from the mobo. Shouldn't that be the same as the link you've posted? Perhaps not as new / up to date but they worked before with Win7 on the same CPU, mobo etc.

When I use the CD from the mobo it says that the drivers are unsigned. When I browse the CD, I can't find any drivers other than the RAID drivers.

When I use diskpart (****+F10 at first set-up screen) it can't find my hard disc.

Do I need to format / initialise / do something to the disk before I can install the OS onto it?

If I download the drivers and burn them onto a CD then aren't I likely to get a "No signed device drivers were found make sure that the installation media contains the correct drivers and click okay." message again?

Thanks for your replies.

to get around the swear filter **** = s h i f t

1 - 5 of 5 Posts