Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody help me with installing this heatsink/fan? It is saying in the limited instructions that a backplate needs to be installed.. Does this go behind the mob between it and the motherboard tray?

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, do i have to install the "fanmate" deal? I have an Aerogate fan controller and i plugged the heatsink fan directly into that.

Any advice would be great! Thanks!

The heatsink fan, was a tight fit... my memory barely fit... it actually is resting right up aginst the side of the heatsink..... is that going to be a problem?

·
Premium Member
8,427 Posts
Yes the backplate goes behind the motherboard. Make sure you take off the stock one first though. And no you don't have to use the fanmate, just get power to the fan any way you want.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advice guys.

Two things:

I have 4 x 512 modules of memory. Any thoughts?

On the mounting of the heatsink, I had to do it a different way. I followed the instructions and took out my mob and took off the front stock bracket around where the cpu goes. But, on the back of the mob, asus already had a fastened metal backplate installed. On the cpu side, the bracket had two studs with screw holes in them. This appeared to be what Zalman was asking to install? Maybe asus updated the bracket to accomodate the fans, or Zalman isnt up to speed on this motherboard since it is so new.

Anyway, I then fastened the heatsinks clips to the existing bracket. The screws that came holding the bracket to the mob, matched right up with the clips on the heatsink assembly. I tightened them down and they meshed up with the backplate holes that came stock with the motherboard.

Its on there, like that is how it was meant to be installed. Its nice and snug.

Any thoughts? I just dont want to have cooling problems from a bad mesh or anything... I also , uninstalled it and the artic silver 5 was spread nice and even over both the heatsink and the cpu. If that matters....

Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts