Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two sticks of G.SKILL Ripjaws ddr3 1066mhz ram.

I am having trouble overclocking past 3.6ghz with my 1075t. When I get to about 990mhz with overclocking, I become unstable (blue screens, etc.) I am able to run at stock speed with the rated speeds of 1066mhz.

I have raised the voltage for 3.8ghz to 1.425v, raised and lowered the nb, and kept the ht between 1900 and 2000mhz. No success...

Any tips appreciated, Thanks.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Always keep your RAM set to a low frequency when overclocking the CPU so that you can find the limit of the CPU without the RAM interfering. Also at 3.8ghz you could possibly need a little more than 1.42v. Also try upping the CPU/NB voltage. For best stability at 3.8ghz, the CPU/NB should be at 2.4ghz. Other opinions will differ.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
check your timings... and make sure they ain't to low... that may be what is causing your stability issues

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by g94 View Post
Always keep your RAM set to a low frequency when overclocking the CPU so that you can find the limit of the CPU without the RAM interfering. Also at 3.8ghz you could possibly need a little more than 1.42v. Also try upping the CPU/NB voltage. For best stability at 3.8ghz, the CPU/NB should be at 2.4ghz. Other opinions will differ.
My NB runs at 2.4ghz atm, oddly because it is set to auto at 2.16ghz in the bios. I will also try the voltage at 1.45/1.47v and I'll see how what goes...

Quote:

Originally Posted by hodgoes2001 View Post
check your timings... and make sure they ain't to low... that may be what is causing your stability issues
I thought low timings were good? That's specifically why I got this 1066mhz kit. They are at 6-6-6-15, so what should they be at?

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
low timings are good... just make sure they ain't lower then the stock timings... i had that issue with my motherboard when ocing... it set the timings lower due to the raitio change. but didn't take the OC of my FPS into it's equation... so the timings were to low for the clock..

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by hodgoes2001 View Post
low timings are good... just make sure they ain't lower then the stock timings... i had that issue with my motherboard when ocing... it set the timings lower due to the raitio change. but didn't take the OC of my FPS into it's equation... so the timings were to low for the clock..
I seriously love you. (no ****) I am now at 3.8 ghz at 1.35v with the stock timings. The motherboard lowered them like you said, and I put the timing at stock. No blue screen so far, just gotta run prime95 for a few hours.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
i had almost forgot about that issue lol.. because i have had this motherboard for 2 years now. lol... good to hear the problem seems solved

1 - 7 of 7 Posts