Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone can help me with this?

here's the story. I have a sharp aquos 52'' fullhd lcd screen. I just bought an Ati radeon x1950 pro AGP. I have an ultra 550w psu.

I've tried xg warcat's 7.4 drivers and now the official amd/ati drivers 7.6

same issues with both:

WITHOUT drivers installed my lcd screen states that I'm running in 1080p mode.

WITH any of the two drivers installed, the screen is distorded as hell! The ''best'' I can do (which is still a lot more than what I had before) is 1400X1050.

I can live with that off course, but I'd like to use the full potential of my lcd/video card combo. Anybody can help with my issue?

·
Registered
986 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyclonicks
View Post

Anyone can help me with this?

here's the story. I have a sharp aquos 52'' fullhd lcd screen. I just bought an Ati radeon x1950 pro AGP. I have an ultra 550w psu.

I've tried xg warcat's 7.4 drivers and now the official amd/ati drivers 7.6

same issues with both:

WITHOUT drivers installed my lcd screen states that I'm running in 1080p mode.

WITH any of the two drivers installed, the screen is distorded as hell! The ''best'' I can do (which is still a lot more than what I had before) is 1400X1050.

I can live with that off course, but I'd like to use the full potential of my lcd/video card combo. Anybody can help with my issue?

I'm not much of an expert on ATI cards but if I'm not mistaken I doubt an x1950 AGP card is going to be able to fill a 52'' High Def TV. Although I'm not sure what the max resolution is...it just sounds like a bad idea to me

·
I might have tacos tonite
22,339 Posts
I don't have CCC installed at the moment so I can't guide you through the steps, but somewhere on the monitor properties there is a checkbox like "enable 1080p on this device" or something. Check that and it should allow it

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
Is your Aquos 1080p?

·
ZFS
4,084 Posts
Try a program called powerstrip.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts