Overclock.net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if this is the right place.

Ok the issue is I'm running a triple setup using NVIDIA Surround. I love playing games while on surround but I would like to record some game play with fraps. It doesn't matter what the in-game resolution is set at it automatically records at 5760 x 1080.

Does anyone know how to fix this? I would like to record in 1920 x 1080.

Is the only way to fix this to un "span displays"?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krispies View Post

I'm not 100% sure on this, but i think the program called DXTORY has a setting that you can set the section of the screen to record.
Damn I just got Fraps.....

I'll try it out, is it free?

·
Registered
326 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatWoodJudasDo View Post

Damn I just got Fraps.....

I'll try it out, is it free?
There might be a feature for it on Fraps ( i've only used fraps for around 10 minutes, didnt like it) but i can't confirm as i only had the free version.
I recommend DXTORY as it has loads of options for recording to make great quality recordings and not steal all your hard drive space.

And yes there is a free version but there will be a watermark on the free version. But you still get access to all the same settings as the paid version.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krispies View Post

There might be a feature for it on Fraps ( i've only used fraps for around 10 minutes, didnt like it) but i can't confirm as i only had the free version.
I recommend DXTORY as it has loads of options for recording to make great quality recordings and not steal all your hard drive space.

And yes there is a free version but there will be a watermark on the free version. But you still get access to all the same settings as the paid version.
Ok thanks I'm going to check that out. I am kinda dumbfounded by the lack of options on fraps.. I mean if you want to make your program easy to use for the majority then just put in an advanced setting option..

Oh well I will keep looking.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Thats the one reason i didn't go far with fraps was the lack of settings, but it was very easy to use. DXTORY has a lot of settings and almost to many, but there are several videos on youtube that explain how to use it to it's best.
Some of the programs i can recommend for recording are:

DXTORY
Fraps
WeGame (Haven't used it in a while but still worth trying it)
and there are many more so this list is open to suggestions from other users.

Good luck, and happy recording.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts