Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just downloaded Metro from Steam, and when I go to start, I am getting an invalid physX driver. I am running a pair of 6850's, so no physX. Is there a way around this? I am fairly new to downloading games.

·
Premium Member
6,033 Posts
Delete the "clientregistry.blob" in steam. Start steam up and go play metro 2033.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had already tried installing the nvidia drivers, but no change. Already uninstalled them.

I will try the .blob thing above later today when I get home from work. Where do I find that?

·
Premium Member
6,033 Posts
The "clientregistry.blob" is located in the steam folder. I just fixed the same metro 2033 issue by doing this same method on a ati gpu.
* x64 C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Steam
* x32 C:\\Program Files\\Steam

·
Registered
343 Posts
hiya mate, I had this problem,

Go to the install directory for metro, in there look for the nvidia physx installer,
Install this, reboot the machine, if you have steam on auto start, close steam properly and re-open,

If you still get the error, do a search on your machine for the physx.dll or whatever its called and copy it to your install directory for metro,

That should sort the problem out, I have the same problem every time I re-install it
Let me know how you get on,

Cheers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts