Overclock.net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok well my system has been up and running for about 2 weeks or so, but recently in the last 4 days its hard to boot up.

What happens is, I push power, 4 Diagnostic LEDs come on, 3, 2, then it just stops, and it doesnt boot up. I push the reset button a bunch of times, and finally after about 15 mins of pulling the power plug and resetting it will finally boot.

How can i clear this problem up?

P.S nothing is overclocked at the moment, and i have updated the BIOS once, to 704-3.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Have you tried a CMOS reset? Do that by unplugging you computer from the outlet, and removing the silver battery on your motherboard for about 30 seconds.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I'd say PSU problem. I get the same kinda thing when I OC...need to restart a couple of times to get a boot.

Test your PC with another PSU, if possible, or buy a cheapo one to test with just so you arnt wasting too much money if that isnt the problem.

I wouldn't say it's BIOS related, sounds like it's having problems even starting that, so the only step backwards is the initial power.

Good luck!

·
Premium Member
23,134 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by X3Nh4nC3D

Ok well my system has been up and running for about 2 weeks or so, but recently in the last 4 days its hard to boot up.

What happens is, I push power, 4 Diagnostic LEDs come on, 3, 2, then it just stops, and it doesnt boot up. I push the reset button a bunch of times, and finally after about 15 mins of pulling the power plug and resetting it will finally boot.

How can i clear this problem up?

P.S nothing is overclocked at the moment, and i have updated the BIOS once, to 704-3.

Although I would not discount the PSU as an issue--I have to wonder how soon after your BIOS update to 704-3 you started having troubles? Have you added or switched around any drives or other cables? Is it possible that one of the power connectors to the mobo is loose? I would recommend going through the whole deal, checking all your hardware.

After that I would try a different PSU, or flash the BIOS to the previous or to a newer version. If all else fails you can attempt to RMA your crippled board.

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
Darn.. there is a diagnostic patern to the LED's ... check you manual or do a search in here.. it's in here somewhere.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.