Overclock.net banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a MSI U100 netbook and I installed windows 7 on it. The first thing I noticed was that I couldn't connect to my wireless internet. I thought maybe the generic drivers wouldn't do it. I went on RaLink's website and found the drivers, installed and still nothing. Before I installed Windows 7, I opened it up and put it another GB of RAM and a 64GB SSD, opening it voids the warranty so I can't send it back. While I was installing the SSD, I had to remove the RT2860 to remove the hard drive. After I installed the hard drive, I popped the wireless card back into the mini-PCIe (I think) slot. But it was popping up at about a 45 degree angle. I thought hmmm that's odd, but just continued and pushed it down, secured the screw, and connected the antenna leads. Also when I pushed it down, it went down smoothly, no cracks or snaps, so I figured nothing went wrong. Another note: before I went off doing these hardware upgrades and installing windows 7, I booted it right out of the box to see if it worked. I noticed that even right out of the box, wireless didn't work. I thought nothing of it and just continued with hardware upgrades. Please help I hope I didn't just waste $500+

1 - 1 of 1 Posts