Overclock.net banner

Troubleshooting, possible bad memory?

365 Views 2 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  Taeric
I recently built my first system from scratch:

-Ultra 600w X-Finity Power Supply w/2 80mm / Titan

-Western Digital Caviar SE WD1600JS 160GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive

-OCZ Gold Series 1GB (2 x 512MB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 667 (PC2 5400) Unbuffered Dual Channel

-Intel Pentium 4 640 Prescott 800MHz FSB LGA 775 EM64T Processor

-2x PNY GeForce 7800 GT 256MB SLI'ed

-ABIT NI8 SLI nVidia nForce4 C19 Socket 775

My computer will randomly restart, usually right as I'm doing something (game, install, etc). My mobo drivers and vid card drivers are up to date. My computer is not overheating, everything is running at 36 degrees or less. The only thing I can think is that the PSU is going bad. Does that make sense? I know that it cant be too much of a load for the PSU because I bought the mobo, PSU, and 2x vid cards as a package deal off of tigerdirect. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Disregard the specs below I'm posting this up for a buddy..
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
BSOD or just like you pull the power cord out? If its not BSOD and the rig just turns it self off i would think PSU for sure... maybe its defective
If you have concerns about the RAM, try running Memtest86. Be sure to disable Legacy USB Support in the BIOS if that option exists. Memtest performs thorough test on the RAM, and if it's bad, it will almost certainly find the problem.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.