Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all, i had a TRUE i used on my 775 e6600 and was wondering if it will work on the 1366 socket if i just get a new backplate.. i dont remember the revision but it was the one that didnt come with the fan. let me know!

if it does work i will just build a loop for my gpu, if it doesnt then i will have to loop both
but im hoping it does for money sake, and hoping it doesnt just to make my computer look pretty neat with 2 blocks instead of just one for the gpu

·
Premium Member
12,534 Posts
Yeah it'll work with the S1366 mounting kit. Some S1366 boards, like my Bloodrage, have the mounting holes for S775 as well so you don't even have to buy the mounting kit.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
now im hyped.. i was actually gonna give it away to a friend in my old rig... if this is the case i will just keep it, if i DO need a new bracket, it goes for 8 bucks on sidewindercomputers.com!

thanks a bunch

EDIT: unfortunately my mobo doesnt have the 775 mounting holes

·
Premium Member
12,534 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by chobes View Post
now im hyped.. i was actually gonna give it away to a friend in my old rig... if this is the case i will just keep it, if i DO need a new bracket, it goes for 8 bucks on sidewindercomputers.com!

thanks a bunch

EDIT: unfortunately my mobo doesnt have the 775 mounting holes

Well, like you said it's only $8, and the TRUE works great on i7 CPUs. Will get you to at least 4.0 no problem.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
now my only issue is a quiet fan.. i had an ultra kaze and it was like a jet..

any recommendations? or realistically i will need a loud fan to reach 4ghz?

·
Premium Member
12,534 Posts
Nah, you won't need a loud fan for 4.0. A Scythe Gentletypoon would be the best quiet option, an S-Flex would be good as well.

If you go with a 120x38mm fan, you're going to want a fan controller.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i actually bought one, its the sentry lx.. its digital and the max maual speed i can set it is 1700rpm, BUT it does go over that on auto settings.. im kinda regretting buying it now. looks cool and all but im not sure if thats normal.

i originally bought it for my water loop, but it never occured to me if i could use my true for the 1366.. i think ill pick up a gentle typhoon with the bracket tomrrow at a local store

thanks for you help ljason8eg!

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
The scythe slipstream doesnt create enough pressure to effectively cool a TRUE. Performance comes at a price, and that price is noise. Pick yourself up a San Ace or an Ultra Kaze. Most any 120x38mm fan will do better than an equivalent 120x25mm fan.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts