Overclock.net banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I couldn't tell you but I do know that most pictures of red cathodes you find on websites may look orange but prob aren't as orange in person. Pictures of red lights don't look right on screen. Have you thought about using LEDs?

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
I bought some red ones a few years ago and was disappointed. So i bought a red sharpie and colored them. Much better after that. The ones linked above are supposed to be better. If not... Sharpie!

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by droidian414
View Post

I couldn't tell you but I do know that most pictures of red cathodes you find on websites may look orange but prob aren't as orange in person. Pictures of red lights don't look right on screen. Have you thought about using LEDs?

That would be a good idea also. I will look into that. Thanks

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok, what do you guys think about these?

http://www.jab-tech.com/Lazer-Led-Re...G-pr-1907.html

I want them to be able to light up the inside of my HAF 932 but not completely flood it with bright red light so you can't see whats inside. They have different amounts of LED's on bars. How many LED's on a single bar should I get? Should I get two small LED bars? The different combinations of LED's per bar are under the Lighting section/razer LED's. Thanks

·
VeeDub Enthusiast
4,554 Posts
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-052-_-Product

why not use those ?

comes out to something like this :
(custom build from me
)

i have that bar if you are interested in something like that pm me

hooks up straight to a 4 pin molex, an example in a haf is available as well if wanted.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I have two "red" cathodes that are really orange. I think they are Logisys, but I'm not 100% on that.

LEDs provide much more tasteful lighting imo. Cathodes are like flood lighting, they just send light everywhere. LEDs are more direction and give you the option of throwing in a full strip like linked above or doing really nice highlights. Also, if you're feeling adventurous, its fairly easy to wire up an LED strip yourself and save some $$.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.