Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright,
If you look at my sig you can see that I am currently gathering parts for my watercooling loop. Well, this guy on another forum has a pump that I want to buy but after just being scammed earlier this year out of 30 bucks I dont want it to happen again. I asked him to take a picture of the pump with a notecard that said what I wanted on it and he did it. Sounds great.

He's a little slow in responding e-mails, and from the looks of it he checks his mail once a day (late, too). He is selling the D5 pump for 60 bucks shipped, which I find to be a great deal. He says he has had it for less than 6 months and we are planning to make the transaction on paypal. His account, while verified, is almost brand new (28 days to be exact) and there are no other transactions made on it (it says "verified (new)" when I look at it). What assurance do I have that a verified account is going to work?

(I also have his e-mail, which is at cox.net, an ISP from what I can see so hopefully I could track him down that way). I know I am totally being paranoid but I really dont want to get burned on 60 bucks, as that is a large portion of my budget. Any ideas? Thanks!

·
Registered
4,831 Posts
I would go for it.

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
lol you won't get rip off, HE'S VERIFIED!!!! meaning you'll have his REAL address, phone number, that way if he scammed you, just give him a payback

Its unlikely that a Verified buyer will scam you, i say 5% that you'll get scam and 95% chance that you'll get the pump

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sweet, yeah im going for it! tell ya how it goes later guys, thanks for the advice

·
Premium Member
3,481 Posts
I have been scammed by one of our own, thats why I say buy the money back guarantee especially if it is a large amount. Unfortunately I did not do it and I waited longer than 45 days to file a claim so I couldn't. I was trying to give him every opportunity to make good. I am glad it was just a small amount but enough to teach me a lesson.

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, I dont recall if the person I dealt with was verified or not. Paypal got a complaint from me but all they said was 'we tried to take the money back but it just wasn't in the account any more, too bad' and now they are 'taking further action' pfft, yeah right.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts