Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Try out the Maze program I wrote for my data structures class. It's a program that waits for the user to create a maze and then solves it. Click a block to change it from a wall to an open space (black is a wall grey is open). Once you setup your maze hit the Go button and the program will solve the maze. The computer can only move up, down, left and right. There are still some bugs to let me know if you find any.

EDIT: Here's the link to download it. Sorry, I forgot to post the link.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Added the link, sorry forgot to post it.

·
Registered
817 Posts
cool program. i think i found a few bugs though. i could only get it to solve the maze when its a straight line. hopefully im doing something wrong
also, if you place the start and finish next to each other it gives a totally random answer.

off topic: you're from allentown. im from bethlehem

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm, really? What did you solve it with, a queue or stack? I know there were a few bugs when solving with the queue but I thought the stack worked perfectly. Lehigh Valley 610 FTW!

·
Registered
817 Posts
ok i know what was happening. the solved path is white and i didnt see the difference with the grey open spaces so i thought it didnt do anything. silly me i should have looked closer at the monitor. may i suggest making the grey darker or using a color other than white for the solved path?

you're right though, the stack does work well.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I made the program into a jar file (which is always a pain in the butt for some reason) and once I did I ran it and realized the path was still white for the stack but blue for the queue. I have to change that, a big pain to see.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hopefully I'll have time to fix all the bugs during the summer. I'm trying to get a private social network up and running for me and my friends and make an Instant Message application this summer too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts