Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying a major upgrade to my video card bios... if you don;t see me again it's because i fooked it up...

·
Banned
3,702 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kittani

Trying a major upgrade to my video card bios... if you don;t see me again it's because i fooked it up...

Did it break? lol

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crashed

Did it break? lol

GRR... anyone know a better place to get better GPU bioses for a Geforce FX5700LE 256mb? The one i got that supposedly was compatible... wasn't... it wasn;t even for the same GPU... I tried the repository at http://www.mvktech.net ... but their bios's are just the stock ones that ship with the cards

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sloth_Boy

I really dont think flashing is worth it.

I've just been having problems with 8x mode on my card and I was hoping there was a bios patch that might inadvertantly help it... I have yet to determine if it's the MB or the GPU but it's making me freaking ticked to no end.

·
Banned
3,702 Posts
Quote:

I've just been having problems with 8x mode on my card and I was hoping there was a bios patch that might inadvertantly help it... I have yet to determine if it's the MB or the GPU but it's making me freaking ticked to no end.

there is actually a way to flash the bios and make it a 5750 ultra

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

you can get the 66.93 driver from nvidia.com and get coolbits and you can OC your video card

been there done that.... the problem isn't with that... I'm getting pieces of textures that flash white... sometimes a diagonal line across the screen that cust it in half and turns one side white... random pixels flashing, smearing of smoke and particle effects... I dunno man it's wierd.

however... I just read that my 8x agp slot is supposed to be running at 0.8 volts but right now it's tuned up to 1.5.... it could be a compatibility issue so i'm gonna go into the bios and fook with it...

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
texture ripping is more often the sign of an overclocked or overheating video card... and standard AGP coltage is 1.5.

·
Banned
3,702 Posts
Quote:

been there done that.... the problem isn't with that... I'm getting pieces of textures that flash white... sometimes a diagonal line across the screen that cust it in half and turns one side white... random pixels flashing, smearing of smoke and particle effects... I dunno man it's wierd.

however... I just read that my 8x agp slot is supposed to be running at 0.8 volts but right now it's tuned up to 1.5.... it could be a compatibility issue so i'm gonna go into the bios and fook with it...

I'l ltrade you my fx5200 for it.. lol

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well... i'm at a loss here... I have everythign disabled except for 8x in the bios... all the voltages were set factory... i went through everything else to double check if it was OK and still it goofs up... I will make one reccomendation to anyone thinking of buying a SOYO board or XFX graphics card.... DO NOT BUY BOTH.... I'm sure one or the other works fine but in concert it's more like a group of cats getting stuffed down a wood chipper....

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by YiffyGriffy

texture ripping is more often the sign of an overclocked or overheating video card... and standard AGP coltage is 1.5.

hmm.... it's not overclocked but I have no way of knowing if it's overheating or not...I wonder.... it starts right away when I play DOOM3 but in the 3dmark tests it only happens sporatically during the game tests (usually on the 2d sprites of explosions) and it happens worse during the CPU tests, shader tests, and bump mapping tests... it's considerably less in 3dmark01 but still happens frequently enough to be annoying... now remember none of this happens in 4x mode.... it's just when i turn it up to 8x.... could the voltage be too low?

here is the card...
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...6809&CatId=935

and here is the board....
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...263&CatId=1537

they should work fine together....

·
Banned
2,222 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sloth_Boy

I really dont think flashing is worth it.

please refrain from such statements without knowing what benefits can be had

·
Registered
770 Posts
Quote:

there is actually a way to flash the bios and make it a 5750 ultra

is there? HOW???????
And can it be done to an Asus 9570TD?

·
Registered
712 Posts