Overclock.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, when I first tried Crysis, I have to admit, I wasn't terribly impressed right away. Sure it was pretty, but something just didn't click. I'm going to chalk it up as I just wasn't in the mood for shooters at the time. There's a pack on Steam that includes Warhead as well, so I'm getting that. Wish me luck, I really want to like this game. Are there any mods I should be looking into for either game?

·
Premium Member
5,750 Posts
You just need to get well-acquainted with how to switch the suit modes quickly and how the enemies spot you. I've played through both and really liked them. I'd have to say the first is better than Warhead though, at least in many respects. Warhead does keep the action flowing a bit more though.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Yeah, tons of mods you need imho lol. Well, not necessarily need, but make the game WAAAy better ^^. First, throw warhead in the trash, it doesn't support mods and sucks lol. Two get the Crysis Natural Mod Config, install that at its highest settings (better than ingame settings and faster, lots of stuff was turned on and off, shaders and textures are at max and volumetric effects are optimized, lots of lighting effects are amped up). Crysis rygel texture pack, makes the already high res textures, ultra high res (they're modded textures, sheet metal and most metal looks WAAAY better) You can get realism mod, it just makes you really squishy and your opponents flippin' pwrfl. Finally, if you are cool like a fool in a swimming pool, the grand daddy of all flippin' awesome mods, Crysis particle mod, makes stuff light on fire, gives all particles in game physics, explosions create bursts of compression waves that make the trees around you bend, the nuke makes trees sway. Makes the game just look incredibly stunning and remember to enable motion blur, flippin sweet. Also, if you are rockin' a 5770 there, go ahead and pump the AA and AF up, AA to 4x shouldn't hurt the framerates at all like other graphics cards, and 8x AF should be good enough so that the ground looks amazing ^^. Hope I helped, enjoy the best graphically stunning game ever made

·
Registered
402 Posts
O yeah, I forgot gore mod and or ragdoll mod, both of which allow blood particles, stains and the bodies can dismember (for gore mod) and ragdoll (for both).

·
Registered
402 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by h2on0
View Post

WAIT don't get it on steam yet! I don't think steam has a 64bit version check first just in case.

I think they have an option for it on install... ? I don't remember... it is either that or I downloaded the 64bit executable and put it in wherever the original executable was. Either way I don't think it's too big of an issue because I have heard that the 64bit version is actually slower than the 32bit as far as fps goes, not sure why though.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You're just full of awesome. I'm almost positive that I'm going to finally oc my 5770's once I get to playing. Also waiting for my Megahalem and my new fans. In the mean time, I've got a lot of 12 hour shifts and very little time off to do much. Oh, InF3Rnus, where do I find all these mods?

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
Don't get frustrated right away. Crysis has much deeper and more intricate gameplay than most shooters out there, but it makes you work for it. A lot of people get mad because they have to think tactically while playing the game, I find this to be the thing Crysis does best. Practice sneaking into bases and then going ape on them. Also cars make great bombs, place some c4 on it and drive it into a base and BOOM!

Crysis is one of my all time favorite FPS games, the original is much better than Warhead but warhead is still tons of fun.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Yea, Crysis is a very skill/tactical gameplay.

I used to switch modes really slow, but no I do it in less than a split second. Strafing in that game is a must; if you're really good at it, you wont use Armor Mode in a gun fight, but speed mode.

I must've pissed off a lot of people in Crysis for my random Strafing; Speed mode + Left Right + Drop shot.

The only bad thing I would say about the game is the tank rubbing, sometimes a whole team would just rank up for tanks.

There are some foot servers where as a Tank can be easily taken out with a Gauss Rifle with 4-7 shots.

·
Premium Member
16,458 Posts
I really liked Crysis and got fairly far (imho) but quit playing when I couldn't get out of the alien tunnels (I got lost)

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nawtheph View Post
Well, when I first tried Crysis, I have to admit, I wasn't terribly impressed right away. Sure it was pretty, but something just didn't click. I'm going to chalk it up as I just wasn't in the mood for shooters at the time. There's a pack on Steam that includes Warhead as well, so I'm getting that. Wish me luck, I really want to like this game. Are there any mods I should be looking into for either game?
Mechwarrior Living legends

It turns Crysis into Mechwarrior...

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
I played crysis for the first time like a month when i came out, on my old xps 720 h2c, the sli 8800gtxs could just about handle it at 1920x1200 on high, and since that VERY moment i promised myself i'd never go back into the sweaty realms of console gaming, The best looking game EVER.... Cryengine 3 will blow our bollocks off!

the First Crysis is the best and it quite tricky towards the end, but one hell of an game, stealth - speed - grab enemy - strength - throw - splat!! that will never tire!!

Decent multiplayer too, but the tanks are all ppl play for,

Never modded a game, so i can't comment

·
Banned
685 Posts
Amazing Game, replay value is exceptional.
How many games can you say after more than 2 years of realease still has the best graphics ever??

·
Registered
973 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by linkin93 View Post
If you play on delta difficulty, it's like playing Duke Nukem 3D again. no crosshair FTW!
i completed both on delta

god i love them so much haha

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by linkin93 View Post
If you play on delta difficulty, it's like playing Duke Nukem 3D again. no crosshair FTW!
**** that game was intense, i think the first doom was just as insanely difficult!!

the Cry-engine give enemy AI the ability to see through walls and shoot you from 3 miles off and hit you in your protagonist face!! and if you can beat crysis on anything harder than hard, respect, normal was bad enough!

·
Registered
422 Posts
I liked the game a lot, but the multiplayer was pretty bad in my opinion. Un-balanced and the combat just didnt feel right. In single player its wonderful.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nawtheph View Post
You're just full of awesome. I'm almost positive that I'm going to finally oc my 5770's once I get to playing. Also waiting for my Megahalem and my new fans. In the mean time, I've got a lot of 12 hour shifts and very little time off to do much. Oh, InF3Rnus, where do I find all these mods?
This is a bit late lol, but you can find all of these by google searching them or going to http://crymod.com/filebase_search.php and searching them at crymod.com, you can also get a ton of maps there too ^^

1 - 19 of 19 Posts