i3-2100
Asus P8Z68-V LE
Corsair 8GB (2 x 4GB)
Asus GTX 460 1GB
Samsung SpinPoint F3 1TB
Asus DRW-24B1ST
Antec One Hundred
Antec EarthWatts Green 380W
Do you have the prices/links for these items?

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
I personally stay away from OCZ PSUs and go for Corsair/Silverstone ones, but check out Antec ones as well. But those should be fine for your build. Save some money and get a P67 mobo (use the money you saved from the PSU to get a SLI certified mobo as 460s just beg to be SLIed). You might need a 600W PSU to SLI tho.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by sloppyjoe123;15249288
I personally stay away from OCZ PSUs and go for Corsair/Silverstone ones, but check out Antec ones as well. But those should be fine for your build. Save some money and get a P67 mobo (use the money you saved from the PSU to get a SLI certified mobo as 460s just beg to be SLIed). You might need a 600W PSU to SLI tho.
Do you have any links/prices for that? I need links and prices so I can actually compare.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm getting 2 sticks so I'll just stick with the GSkills I guess. Can anyone help me lower my current total to $550?

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by tehownag3
View Post

http://www.buy.com/prod/kingston-hyp...222586268.html

How is this compared to the GSkill?

I use G. Skill in my current build and just built a new 1 today for a friend using G. Skill. Really good RAM and they have awesome customer service if you were to ever need it.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Personally, my recommendation is get as high wattage (but still good quality) of a PSU as you can because that will prevent you from having to pay for another PSU next time you want to upgrade your rig to something a little more powerful. Buy it nice, or buy it twice. Also make sure to buy modular. I've seen how nice rigs with modular PSU's and cable management holes look in their cases, and its really nice. My rig on the other hand, with no cable management and a non modular PSU, looks pretty cluttered in there. It also prevents a lot of air flow that could be helping keep my CPU cool...

For $550, I'll throw together a cart for you of what I would do with i3-2100 on newegg and $550. I'll post back in a few, or edit this post.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts