Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I want an Android based phone on VZW, but I'm not sure between these too.

I'm worried that the Droid X might be too big. I don't have very large hands. Plus everyone seems to like HTC's Sense way more than whatever Motorola is using.

However, if I go with an Incredible, I have no idea when I'll actually get it, since it's apparently on backorder forever. I can pre-order a Droid X and get it when it launches. Plus the X seems to have better battery life and what not, which could be an issue.

Really having trouble deciding. They'd both cost roughly the same price, too.

Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
65,162 Posts
If you're worried about size... go with Incredible.

·
Nope
2,203 Posts
It's not really that big to be honest. Unless you wear crotch grabbing jeans or anything with small small pockets it should fit in fine. Maybe it's not huge to me because I have huge hands, but I can atleast tell that it isn't to large to the point where it either won't fit in my pockets or it's going to be a nuisance

·
Premium Member
8,417 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackhawk4
View Post

It's not really that big to be honest. Unless you wear crotch grabbing jeans or anything with small small pockets it should fit in fine. Maybe it's not huge to me because I have huge hands, but I can atleast tell that it isn't to large to the point where it either won't fit in my pockets or it's going to be a nuisance

Are you offended by my crotch grabbing jeans, sir?

In any event, I have the Incredible and honestly if both were out at the same time..I might just stay with the Incredible. It looks great and HTC Sense is really nice for some reason. It makes it look like a phone rather than screens with buttons. It's thin, sleek, nice back design. I kinda' wish it had a larger screen, but the size really is nice. It's snappy and you can buy an alternative battery if battery life is an issue (which it is). If you order the Incredible over the phone it gets to you faster than picking it up locally at your store.

·
Nope
2,203 Posts
Only problem is when's he going to get the incredible? Aren't they having an issue with AMOLED which is why it's been on backorder for a while.

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
i preordered a droid x a few days ago... gonna drop my sprint contract because of their terrible customer server and phone choices...

evo had bad battery life and is like a crippled version of something similar to a droid... capped fps and other nonsense... plus my palm pre (love webos) is probably the worst build quality in a phone ive ever seen.. been through 4 of them and now sprint wont even give me the option to pay them to upgrade and get a working phone... gj retention department... you just lost a customer that had been with you for 9 years. Ill throw the discounts out the windows to get a phone that I actually enjoy using.

·
Nope
2,203 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Simca
View Post

What's the problem with AMOLED?

I saw somewhere there was a shortage. The screens are fine themselves, but they don't have enough of them is what I think is the issue.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts

·
#SavedTheCrew
2,644 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Simca
View Post

What's the problem with AMOLED?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackhawk4
View Post

I saw somewhere there was a shortage. The screens are fine themselves, but they don't have enough of them is what I think is the issue.

BlackHawk is correct. Samsung makes the AMOLED screens that HTC uses in the Incredible, and because Samsung is using them in their phones, there is a shortage of supply going out to HTC for the Incredible. There was even talk about possibly (this isn't a for sure thing) switching to regular TFT at some point on the Incredible because of the supply issues.

That said, to the OP, get the Incredible. My friend has the EVO and it's just way too big. It's literally a brick in my pocket. I don't wear "crotch grabbing" jeans, but I certainly do wear jeans that fit
I was deciding between the Evo and the Incredible. Grabbed the Incredible on launch day and so happy I did when I looked at my friend's evo.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I've wanted the Incredible since it came out, but not that the X is around the corner and the specs have been released, it's going to be hands down the X.

Droid X - Droid Incredible
4.3 - 3.7 (screen)
480x854 - 480x800 (res)
Swype - N/A
16GB mSD - no mSD (comes with phone)
720p HD - 800x480 (video)
Noise canceling mic - N/A
Froyo - Not sure if it's getting it?
HDMI out - mini USB out
1570mah - 1300mah (8 hours talk - 5 hours talk)

Specs speak for themselves. The Droid X is the winner to me.

·
#SavedTheCrew
2,644 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by kRze.baLLiN!
View Post

I've wanted the Incredible since it came out, but not that the X is around the corner and the specs have been released, it's going to be hands down the X.

Droid X - Droid Incredible
4.3 - 3.7 (screen)
480x854 - 480x800 (res)
Swype - N/A
16GB mSD - no mSD (comes with phone)
720p HD - 800x480 (video)
Noise canceling mic - N/A
Froyo - Not sure if it's getting it?
HDMI out - mini USB out
1570mah - 1300mah (8 hours talk - 5 hours talk)

Specs speak for themselves. The Droid X is the winner to me.

Just to clarify (RE: Incredible):

We will be getting Froyo (unknown date)
We will have 720p video (HTC says "shortly")
Some users here do indeed have swype.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
I say the incredible, HTC sense adds some nice "finish" to stock Android.

·
Banned
1,822 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by jaybrn1
View Post

Rumor has it the incredible breaks very easy when drop'ed I would never get an incredible for that reason.

Then don't drop it?

·
I TeK things...
17,433 Posts
The X is gonna be faster clock for clock against the Incredible.

·
Banned
2,333 Posts
droid x. it has a larger screen (won't be a problem for your hands, trust me) and lacks the annoying back order issue. it also has a cooler name.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by bluedevil View Post
The X is gonna be faster clock for clock against the Incredible.
This. I find my oced droid original at 1ghz can beat a nexus one in benchmarks. Plus motorola just makes a manly looking phone. It even prints explicit money. Lol people who watched the evo vs iphone4 video will understand.

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom1121 View Post
This. I find my oced droid original at 1ghz can beat a nexus one in benchmarks. Plus motorola just makes a manly looking phone. It even prints explicit money. Lol people who watched the evo vs iphone4 video will understand.
ummmmmmm
i watched that video but it said the evo could, not the droid x lol gaaaash lol

droid x has hdmi to me is ftw and could and i believe will be market changing

1 - 20 of 26 Posts