Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Other(please post suggestion)

Votes: 3 23.1%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone based on recommendation ive been looking at a replacement power supply since my current one is getting out of spec so far it is a tossup between the SeaSonic S12D 850 Silver 850W and the Antec TruePower New TP-750 750W and I just can't decide what to get. I do eventually plan to get a water cooling loop going as well as overclock to 4.0ghz and I want something somewhat futureproof as well.

What are everyones thoughts?

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
I just picked up a Corsair 850 last night @ best buy.. was my first ever replacing a psu, man does it have a lot of cables lol.. my case is a disaster atm.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Coolio831 View Post
I just picked up a Corsair 850 last night @ best buy.. was my first ever replacing a psu, man does it have a lot of cables lol.. my case is a disaster atm.

The 850 is a mess, but it works well and I recommend it. Did you get a mutated unit with 6 PCIe plugs? Because I know some are floating around, I was that lucky

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zhany
View Post

Yeah the unit I have now has a huge number of pci-e plugs main reason for replacement is because the +5v rail and the 3.3v rail are out of spec 5.26v and 3.47v according to a multimeter

Holy crap. How old is the unit? That is pretty bad for a seasonic unit, are you sure your DMM is right?

·
Premium Member
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fantasysage
View Post

Holy crap. How old is the unit? That is pretty bad for a seasonic unit, are you sure your DMM is right?

Its about 2 and half years old. I checked my bios and hw monitor voltages and they are all consistantly out of spec not by much but still out of voltage spec and my DMM is brand new as well

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fantasysage
View Post

The 850 is a mess, but it works well and I recommend it. Did you get a mutated unit with 6 PCIe plugs? Because I know some are floating around, I was that lucky

yes i did, whats the reason? i have no clue wat to do with all them 6 pin x2 connectors. i'm only using one for my 5770.

So i have a Mutated 850 watt?, is this also the reason why it had no 4 pin connector for the cpu?

·
Premium Member
16,520 Posts
Those voltage readings are from the OP1000? Odd. Also, that's not a SeaSonic unit, I forget who the OEM is but it isn't SeaSonic.

If the S12D is the same price as the Antec, get it. If it's only ~$10-$20 more, get it. If it's more than that, get the Antec.

·
Loosing Vision
1,892 Posts
I have the Seasonic X750 Gold and it is problem free. I rid that cheap PSU I had and added a 2nd 24" monitor and 4 hard drives besides whats listed in the sig rig.
My monitors now wake up from sleeping unlike before with the cheap PSU. Yeah I can recommend a Seasonic

1 - 13 of 13 Posts