Overclock.net banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of old Corsair H80i CPU pump died, but the fans and Radiators are still in great conditions, just look at how clean is the fan.

So, I'm planning to recycle them to use in a test bench / side projects.

Does anyone know the correct tube size to use ?

Thanks.

Ac adapter Bumper Gadget Audio equipment Adapter

·
Registered
324 Posts
I believe for the H80i the tubes are 15/13 OD/ID.

• Rep+
Reactions: AllGamer

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I believe for the H80i the tubes are 15/13 OD/ID.
Thanks, I'll give that a try :)

Need to order some 15/13 OD/ID tubes, clamps. and some G1/4 fittings/adapters to hook them up to regular D5 reservoir.

--- EDIT ---

After removing the stock tubes, and measuring the plugs, it appears the ID is more like around 8 mm or 9 mm

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
Most AIOs are aluminum which is could cause galvanic corrosion when used with copper/nickel fittings and blocks.

Do you need small single-fan radiators?

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Most AIOs are aluminum which is could cause galvanic corrosion when used with copper/nickel fittings and blocks.
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!.........thanks for the reminder, totally forgot about that.

hmm... I'm gonna need to pair these up with some cheap pumps / res

Not really, as mentioned above I'm planning to mostly use them for testing and troubleshooting water-blocks / components.
You know like firing up a new motherboard / or a new video card with waterblock to make sure they are not DOA, flash a BIOS, etc..

I've proper pure copper setups for my actual rigs.

Just thought I could put these to good use rather than disposing them as junk.

·
Registered
692 Posts

I don't know about nickel but those AIO the block is copper. It's all in the coolant, mix metal protection works, else all those rads would just melt after few weeks of usage.

I think Antifreeze + water wetter would work for Alu+Copper.

·
Iconoclast
31,560 Posts
The neoprene hoses on most of my Asetek CLC are ~5mm/10mm ID/OD.

I'd recommend using cheap nylon adapters for temporary/test use, rather than bother replacing fittings on anything.

I think Antifreeze + water wetter would work for Alu+Copper.
I've been refilling salvaged/surplus CLCs for a while. 2-EHA free OAT coolant (often found in stuff labled 'lifetime protection') + buffered (with a tiny amount of bicarbonate) distilled water in a 20/80 to 30/70 ratio works pretty well and lasts for years.

Electrically isolating the radiator helps too...you don't get galvanic corrosion without a path to ground somewhere.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts