Overclock.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys anyone have the antec 1200? I'm trying to find one that will fit inside the case at the back where the two 120's are, anyone have any ideas? I wanted to put the boneville heatercore on it, but its about half an inch to wide to fit inside.

·
Premium Member
5,275 Posts
I'll go grab my camera....

·
Premium Member
5,275 Posts
Ok, I have tried to mount on the rear 120mm fans but ran into issues closing the side panel, clearance from the top, as well as the spacing of the rear 120's from each other, they are not right on top of each other but rather have a small gap. Instead, I mounted it directly beneath the 200mm top fan since there is 10x more room on top than on the back.

Using a simple "L" bracket from home depot I was able to secure it to the motherboard tray and then using the existing holes drilled into the radiator for 120mm fans I mounted it to the L brackets.

Very sturdy, very simple.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Well you may have to mount it outside on the back of the case or on the top like RPM666 did. Not sure which one will give you better performance. Both of them is getting hot air sucked into the rad
And heat rises...

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah but now your running into problems if that top fan doesn't circulate air faster than your fans on the rad, then your just going to recycle hot air.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by redline4 View Post
Well you may have to mount it outside on the back of the case or on the top like RPM666 did. Not sure which one will give you better performance. Both of them is getting hot air sucked into the rad
And heat rises...
I woudln't mind an external box, but I just wanted something all in one that is easier to carry around, the thing is probally close to 40 some pounds, so I dont wanna lug a box around too haha

·
Premium Member
5,275 Posts
To mount a radiator externally you'll just want to get a "radbox" - swiftech makes 'em - and they can hold their weight.

And it does make it super heavy of a computer - but as long as you don't mount it up on a shelf you'll be OK

Back to the future in da house! lol

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What do you have holding up that triple rad in the back? I was thinking of doing it that way if I couldnt find a rad to fit inside on the back 120's

·
Premium Member
5,275 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,275 Posts
It can hold a 480 rad fully loaded so I suppose it should be able to.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
mayb i should get a triple rad though, so I can cool northbridge and everything eventually anyway, what one do you suggest?

·
Premium Member
5,275 Posts
For starters, get the triple rad from swiftech - it's $50. Cheap, versatile, and does a pretty good job. The double rad alone will cool a CPU/NB/GPU just fine, but I personally enjoy a little overkill

·
Registered
267 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by tylor3600 View Post
I woudln't mind an external box, but I just wanted something all in one that is easier to carry around, the thing is probally close to 40 some pounds, so I dont wanna lug a box around too haha
Well most time you don't get a full-tower and watercooling to be carrying around everywhere

1 - 16 of 16 Posts