Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so this is the tv http://m.lg.com/us/tv-audio-video/televisions/LG-led-tv-42LW5300.jsp. AMAZING!!
any way my problem is i have a radeon hd 6950 2gb with 6970 bios mod. I hook my tv up fine but when i download tridef it runs games like crap even at lowest graphics. They look great but. The frame rate is stuck at 24 vsynch and its so glitchy and stutters badly in skyrim and deadspace 2 Battlefield 3 wouldnt load right and when i finnally did get it to it was forced in dx 10 with 5 fps and no walls or floors...... Not cool... Is there any other way software drivers And do NOT sugest iz3d it didnt work at all and made my computer crash repeatedly.... Please help. This tv is awesome. Oh also input lag is bad!!!!!!!! Like a half of second. And then in game mode it is a little better but still bad. Please help!!!!!!
Thanks

·
Registered
185 Posts
We have similar setup's and I've tried both programs tridef and iz3d on my samsung 50"3D plasma and found tridef to work the best, I did experience slow downs but it was still playable. It does not support DX11 so BF3 won't work. Sound's like you have other issues, try updating all drivers and running as little back round programs as you can. That being said the results on my system were very good and the 3D was fine. I haven't tried it again as moving my pc to my tv is too much of a pain.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Iv tried that all drivers are updated and everything but for some reason tridef makes all games horribly drop fps. And the vsynch is allways stuck at 24

·
Registered
502 Posts
You connected via HDMI? I think the bandwidth on hdmi limits you to [email protected]/30fps in 3D or something. Try dropping to 720p (think 3D was 60fps max at 720p) to see if that's the problem.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
are you serious is there any way around that? like using a dvi to hdmi adapter because i have one and my tv has no dvi ports and i really like my 1920x1080 :}

·
Registered
502 Posts
That's the pitfall to 3D gaming on a 3D tv instead of a monitor. 3D monitors use dual dvi or I think DP in order to get enough bandwidth..

No way around it.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathmake317 View Post

I found a way arond it. My hdmi cord is a 1.2 i need hdmi 1.4. It uses dual 120hz band with in 3d
Sweet, didn't know they upped the bandwidth in 1.4. If 60 fps is finally possible on 3d tv's I may have to start saving. Let me know if you get it up and running at 60.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok i bought the cord tonight couldnt wait lol :} benefits made 3d more well 3d bad news it did not increase fps i called amd and according for them this is exactly what the supervisor said.... the amd hd3d technology is NOT MEANT FOR GAMING will not run 3d and is meant mostly for movie playing and theatre playing. ***

1 - 11 of 11 Posts