Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I am new to the PC gaming scene. I have had my PC since January. I am coming from the xbox live world but I had to just quit because I could not handle all of the racist 12 year olds and I hearing the word "gay" 45 times during a game is just wore me out.

SO, I have BFBC2 and I really like the game but honestly I kind of miss playing with friends or people who could actually give me tips while playing. I will admit I am pretty bad. I do not know exactly how people speak to each other in game, I am assuming vent? I know it says you can press a button to talk but I have yet to figure that out. I just miss being able to laugh with some friends during a game. My xbox live friends refuse to get PC's good enough to play the latest games and think I am nuts for spending what I have to play games
I really like my computer, it is only for gaming but it has become a new hobby.

Now to the point of this thread. I am looking for some people who would be interested in playing with someone from OCN. I know we have a server but I have yet to find it with a spot available.

If anyone is interested let me know, my tag on BFBC2 is mdbsat and my tag for steam is mdbsat as well. Sorry for the verbose post, hope to play with some of you

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOmega
View Post

Sounds like your friends are ****ers

Go in to the options and I'm sure in the General tab there will be a place to bind a key (I usually use ctrl] to it. It's pretty easy.

Ok, I will try that. I have still never heard anyone talk in that game. Anyway, add my name on steam or BFBC2 if you want guys. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mdbsat
View Post

Hello all. I am new to the PC gaming scene. I have had my PC since January. I am coming from the xbox live world but I had to just quit

Congrats my friend. xbox live is a travesty simply considering the fact that you have to pay

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdbsat
View Post

SO, I have BFBC2 and I really like the game but honestly I kind of miss playing with friends or people who could actually give me tips while playing...Now to the point of this thread. I am looking for some people who would be interested in playing with someone from OCN.

I added you to my friends list on steam (old crow whiskey) and we can get some gaming going on. My x-fire name is "Old_Crow_Whiskey" so add me when you get that. Anyone else looking for some cooperative BC2 gaming feel free to add me.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by TehStone
View Post

Congrats my friend. xbox live is a travesty simply considering the fact that you have to pay

I added you to my friends list on steam (old crow whiskey) and we can get some gaming going on. My x-fire name is "Old_Crow_Whiskey" so add me when you get that. Anyone else looking for some cooperative BC2 gaming feel free to add me.

Thanks man. I appreciate the add. We will play this weekend. Getting xfire now.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimeracaust
View Post

Add Chimeracaust on Steam and we'll play some games of bc2.

Will do
I am not good yet. Will add you now. Thanks.

·
Registered
295 Posts
its very rare to hear people talk ingame using VOIP.

if you want to talk to the people playing, its usually with ventrillo or teamspeak. and with people in your clan or group of friends.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by katieayanami
View Post

its very rare to hear people talk ingame using VOIP.

if you want to talk to the people playing, its usually with ventrillo or teamspeak. and with people in your clan or group of friends.

Ah ok. Well thats what I attempting to do, find a group to play with who use ventrillo or xfire. Thanks

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCheeks View Post
Does BC2's VoIP work for your whole team, or just squad? I'm buying a mic shortly for this game

I am not sure. I have yet to hear anyones voice in a game. I never thought I would miss that

1 - 14 of 14 Posts