Overclock.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:
Yeppers, I already use an extra PCI slot-like case fan that pulls from near the CPU/AGP slots out the back of the case. What I'm now looking for is a good, solid, inexpensive PSU (power supply unit). I've been looking on NewEgg and have dropped many of the name brand PSUs (Antec, Thermaltake, etc.) mostly due to frying w/i 24 months, or rail voltage instabilities. Anyone have an idea of a good 400+ PSU they've come across and know have worked longer than 1 1/2 years? The ATi X850 Pro will put me close to the 350W my unlabeled PSU claims it is rated at (so is possibly only rated at 300W).

My requirements for a PSU are plenty of PATA (not SATA-compatible on my mobo, but extra SATA doesn't hurt) IDE Molex connectors, a stable 12V rail or two for my new graphics card, and fits my microATX case (eMachines). Hrm, SATA mobos aren't too pricey....
Hey, can you guys give my buddy a little help? I really don't know what is good or not, and he doesn't have the time to come here and ask the question himself (20 hour workday in the MC).

Thanks,
thecomputerdude

·
Premium Member
24,372 Posts
Quote:
fits my microATX case (eMachines).
That there might be a problem. Does this case standard ATX PSUs? Check that with him (what are the physical dimensions of his current PSU?)

If ATX fits, then my recommendation will be this:
FSP Group (Fortron Source) AX450-PN, 12cm FAN, version 2.0, 2 SATA, PCI Express, 450W $48.99

Six molex connectors, two SATA, 1 PCI-E. Sounds good to me. Plus, FSP is one of the better brands of PSUs there is, and I think this cannot be beaten for the price.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts