Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, just recieved my GSkill in the mail today and put those bad boys in. right now im running:

timing: 3-4-4-10
dram: 2.8v
fsb: 273
multiplier: 11
htt: 3x
divider: 9/10

according to this website, i can run up to 297 MHz. i was able to boot up 1:1 running at 273 MHz earlier, but i downloaded A64 Tweaker and input the same settings on the site and it restarted in the process and now i cant seem to be able to get boot into windows with 1:1 anymore.

is a64 sitting somewhere in my registry messing my computer up? i set my memory to 1:1 and ran Memtest 86+ and it passed with no errors at all. what am i doing wrong? ive loosened the timings to 3-5-5-10 and still no luck.

im positive im capable of going 1:1 and probably even more, but what am i doing wrong?
help!

thanks in advance everyone

·
Registered
208 Posts
so that ram is rated for 250mhz "ddr 500" is 47mhz past rated, so if you really wanna run it at loose timings, you said you tryed that all ready so i guess its not going to happen heh :/

so you are able to run 1:1 just not at those speeds since the yare out of spec.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
just because its out of spec, doesnt mean it wont run. ive seen people get 300 MHz with this ram. 280-290MHz is easy with this memory. im just a noob, lol.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
with all the reviews ive read, most people have this memory at 2.7-2.8. at 2.9 and above, you actually lost a little performance.

tried 2.9 anyways and it gave me the BSOD. roar.

btw, what settings are you using for 3.1 GHz?

·
Banned
3,515 Posts
That stuff will run at 3-4-4-10 2T 297MHz at 2.8V. You should be hitting a lot higher with that RAM......
That RAM uses Samsung UCCC, so it's sweetspot is 2.8V, and nothing higher. Anything higher will just allow for less speed, and more heat.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok, i had Prime95 running with my previous setup and it got 1 error after 7 hours 57 mins

i read the Prime error.txt and it said to try increasing the vcore by a bit. i upped the vcore up to 1.5 * 110% and tried 1:1 again and it would crash in windows. how do i enable 2T in my bios? thanks

·
Registered
208 Posts
vocore ? howwould that help the mem ? try raising thre voltage o nthe mem.

Quote:

Originally Posted by blazin-asian

ok, i had Prime95 running with my previous setup and it got 1 error after 7 hours 57 mins

i read the Prime error.txt and it said to try increasing the vcore by a bit. i upped the vcore up to 1.5 * 110% and tried 1:1 again and it would crash in windows. how do i enable 2T in my bios? thanks

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucid

vocore ? howwould that help the mem ? try raising thre voltage o nthe mem.

i just did what Prime told me to do, heh. this memory uses Samsung UCCC which has a sweet spot of around 2.6-2.8v. i have it at 2.8 at the moment.

gcraw5100: your settings only show the memory running at 250 MHz which is stock speed. i need these things running at 273 MHz at least.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Quote:

i just did what Prime told me to do, heh. this memory uses Samsung UCCC which has a sweet spot of around 2.6-2.8v. i have it at 2.8 at the moment.

gcraw5100: your settings only show the memory running at 250 MHz which is stock speed. i need these things running at 273 MHz at least.

so not the vcore, but the vmem

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Quote:

according to this website, i can run up to 297 MHz.

Yes, they booted at 297, but they did not say or show that they were stable. Mine can do that too, but I can't get it stable for my life past 275mhz(if anyone can, please PM me, 1:1 would be lovely).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucid

so not the vcore, but the vmem

It's Vdimm, not vmem.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by amped

Yes, they booted at 297, but they did not say or show that they were stable. Mine can do that too, but I can't get it stable for my life past 275mhz(if anyone can, please PM me, 1:1 would be lovely).

It's Vdimm, not vmem.

shoot. can u tell me how you are running at 275? i just wanna run 273 for now and i'd be content.....for a few days, lol.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Quote:

ok, just recieved my GSkill in the mail today and put those bad boys in. right now im running:

timing: 3-4-4-10
dram: 2.8v
fsb: 273
multiplier: 11
htt: 3x
divider: 9/10

according to this website, i can run up to 297 MHz. i was able to boot up 1:1 running at 273 MHz earlier, but i downloaded A64 Tweaker and input the same settings on the site and it restarted in the process and now i cant seem to be able to get boot into windows with 1:1 anymore.

is a64 sitting somewhere in my registry messing my computer up? i set my memory to 1:1 and ran Memtest 86+ and it passed with no errors at all. what am i doing wrong? ive loosened the timings to 3-5-5-10 and still no luck.

im positive im capable of going 1:1 and probably even more, but what am i doing wrong?
help!

thanks in advance everyone

hey my friend did u use , 2t or 1t cmd?

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
im using 1T in the above, but im gonna try and switch to 2T. i hear this memory likes 2T.

i tried 2T with the settings above and windows wouldnt start. dammit....

is it possible that OCing may have killed my windows? ive lowered my settings to 250 x 11 with 1:1 and im still getting a:

windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt:
\\WINDOWS\\SYSTEM32\\CONFIG\\SYSTEM

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
I posted those for you to try they have different alpha timings than what you are using, try those settings at the fsb you are wishing to use.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Quote:

im using 1T in the above, but im gonna try and switch to 2T. i hear this memory likes 2T.

is it possible that OCing may have killed my windows? ive lowered my settings to 250 x 11 with 1:1 and im still getting a:

Well this means u need more Vcore.... thas why it shows this msg.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Quote:

Ive had the same thing happen to me with overclocking
and I couldnt figure it out
memtest86 gave no errors, I basically had to reinstall windows like 6 times in one day because of it

1 - 20 of 24 Posts