Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,what is this meaning?It's in my manual for my BioStar 6100-M9 Motherboard.I'am trying to figure-out what type of IDE Harddrive that I'll need to get?

IDE:
Up to 4 EIDE devices
Ultra DMA 33/66/100//133

·
Premium Member
17,407 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Antec900_2007
View Post

Guys,what is this meaning?It's in my manual for my BioStar 6100-M9 Motherboard.I'am trying to figure-out what type of IDE Harddrive that I'll need to get?

IDE:
Up to 4 EIDE devices
Ultra DMA 33/66/100//133

It is all about transfer speeds. The IDE devices such as DVD/CD-ROM drives operate at UDMA 66 (dont connect them on the same cable with your primary hard drive or it will slow down to 66).
Hard drives are rated at UDMA 100/133. Most hard drives work at 100, but some can peak at 133. Western Digital Drives are 100, but Maxtor make theirs at 133. In general the Maxtors will work at 100, but they can peak at 133.

Here is a link at Wikipedia

·
Premium Member
17,407 Posts
By the way, I noticed in your signature that you are planning on getting some SilenX fans. I would not recommend the SilenX fans if you are going for low noise. The dB raitings are not acurate, they do push a lot of air though. But I dont think they are worth the money. I bought four of them and ended up giving one away, volt modding the other one to 7v, and kept the other two 92mm fans.

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Antec900_2007
View Post

I'am trying to figure-out what type of IDE Harddrive that I'll need to get?

To answer your question directly, your motherboard uses IDE PATA drives.

so makes sure thats what you're buying online ect.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Grim
View Post

To answer your question directly, your motherboard uses IDE PATA drives.

so makes sure thats what you're buying online ect.

My board has SATA & IDE PATA
But all of my SATA connections are taken up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts