Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Banned
4,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:
The closed beta for Mirror's Edge Catalyst kicks off on April 22 and runs for five days. PC gamers planning to participate in the beta or those that will simply wait and purchase it next month now know just how graphically-demanding the game will be as EA / DICE have published the minimum and recommended system requirements.

MINIMUM:
CPU: Intel i3-3250 / AMD FX-6350. (Note: Mirror's Edge Catalyst requires at least 4 logical cores to run.)
RAM: 6 GB
HARD DRIVE: At least 25 GB of free space
VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce® GTX 650 Ti 2GB or better / AMD Radeon™ R9 270x or better
INPUT: Keyboard and mouse, dual analog controller

RECOMMENDED:
CPU: Intel Core i7-3770 at 3.4 GHz / AMD FX-8350 at 4.0 GHz
RAM: 16 GB
HARD DRIVE: At least 25 GB of free space
VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce® GTX 970 4GB or better / AMD Radeon™ R9 280x 3GB or better
INPUT: Keyboard and mouse, dual analog controller
Source: http://www.techspot.com/news/64518-pc-powerful-enough-run-mirror-edge-catalyst-find.html
Source 2: http://www.mirrorsedge.com/news/pc-system-requirements

·
Simpleton
1,894 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by XHellAngelX View Post

970 vs R9 280X (7970) ?
Nvidia should work with developers and optimize drivers. no wonder they have low market share in consoles ..oh wait ..

/s

• Rep+
Reactions: LAKEINTEL

·
Registered
193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by omari79 View Post

"Is your PC powerful enough to run Mirror's Edge Catalyst the usual poorly optimized garbage"
It's funny. This gets thrown around a lot. Almost every new game release someone is saying it's unoptimized, almost no matter what game it is.
While it's probably true, that some games use some inefficient ways of rendering the game, or just some general code that could be written in more efficient ways.

Has it ever occurred to people, that some things are just computationally expensive, when they have to look good, and if you want to "optimize" it often means dumping down the visuals, simplify AI or reduce other gameplay features.

This is not directed at mirror's edge, since I have 0 clue as to how it is running, but more a general rant about so many people throwing the word unoptimized around.

·
Simpleton
1,894 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerfury View Post

It's funny. This gets thrown around a lot. Almost every new game release someone is saying it's unoptimized, almost no matter what game it is.
While it's probably true, that some games use some inefficient ways of rendering the game, or just some general code that could be written in more efficient ways.

Has it ever occurred to people, that some things are just computationally expensive, when they have to look good, and if you want to "optimize" it often means dumping down the visuals, simplify AI or reduce other gameplay features.

This is not directed at mirror's edge, since I have 0 clue as to how it is running, but more a general rant about so many people throwing the word unoptimized around.
DICE's games are usually well optimized . doesn't require tx to run 1080p30 fps or look ancient.

• Rep+

·
Top kek
3,578 Posts
No Phenom II in the requirements? Gotta check if this will run on a CPU without SSE4.1.Just for the lolz and to see CPU usage/scaling.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
im more worried that the next mirrors edge will be turned into an "easy button" style parkour system, similar to what dying light uses.

·
Premium Member
6,181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerfury View Post

Well said!

·
Registered
577 Posts
Atleast 4 logical cores? So anyone with a dual core is simply restricted from playing?

·
Simpleton
1,894 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theelichtje View Post

Atleast 4 logical cores? So anyone with a dual core is simply restricted from playing?
Dude , even entry level smartphones have quad core. what are you doing with dual cores in 2016?

·
Premium Member
6,181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EightDee8D View Post

Dude , even entry level smartphones have quad core. what are you doing with dual cores in 2016?
The G3258 happened.
However almost 2 years have passed since that processor released.

It still delivers incredible single-threaded performance which is superb for emulators.
But outside of that the chip can struggle in modern games.

·
Simpleton
1,894 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopicClocker View Post

The G3258 happened.

It still delivers incredible single-threaded performance which is superb for emulators.
So it should be used for emulators, not with this game. it's something called progression.

·
pass the lortabs
5,004 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopicClocker View Post

The G3258 happened.

What do you mean it 'happened'? It released, it sold, and people built 'gaming' systems based upon it, but that doesn't have any real bearing on whether or not modern game development can, should, or even try to run on dual core chips.

• Rep+

·
red dawn
809 Posts
16 GB of RAM recommended? What is this?

·
Simpleton
1,894 Posts
Gpu/cpu/ram required ? why can't my potato run this ?
mad.gif

·
red dawn
809 Posts
I mean it's not like the minimum or recommended specs are anything special, but the required RAM is quite high. I wonder why.

·
Simpleton
1,894 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nestala View Post

I mean it's not like the minimum or recommended specs are anything special, but the required RAM is quite high. I wonder why.
It's not required, recommended. big difference.

1 - 20 of 127 Posts