Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
professional curmudgeon
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:
In the mid-90s, Nintendo, Sega and Sony were locked in a heated battle for video game supremacy - at least, in North America. This was well before the Internet enabled public beta testing which meant game developers and publishers like Sega had to do all of their own testing.

Getting paid to play video games for a living in the mid-90s sounds like a dream job for many, but as this Sega Test "trainumentary" highlights, it's not quite as glamorous as you'd think. Don't believe me? How do 100-hour, caffeine-fueled work weeks sound?

This 30-minute nostalgic gem has it all - '90s hair, rad clothing, food trucks, smoke breaks and a sweet soundtrack (thanks, Pearl Jam). If you long for yesteryear, you'll no doubt love it… unless of course, you were a Nintendo gameplay counselor.
this is 30 minutes long, so enjoy.
tongue.gif

oh yeah, since not "news" or whatnot didn't follow the formal posting rules.

SOURCE

• Rep+
Reactions: The Pook

·
professional curmudgeon
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
done.
thumb.gif

·
9 Cans of Ravioli
19,875 Posts
think this video is fake. where are all the cell phones and why are they all dressed funny?

biggrin.gif

·
Registered
20 Posts
back when you couldn't fix bugs post-launch. i enjoyed the beastie boys instrumentals

·
Registered
480 Posts
I actually worked part time at Nintendo in the 90's and watched the game testers. Of course we all thought it would be so cool. After i watched that for about a half hour i thought i'd rather poke out my eyes with a hot fire poker.

·
Expert pin bender
2,248 Posts
Good thing we have early access and pub/devs who dont care anymore now. No need to waste time testing just sell it for full price and make people pay more for DLC/season pass to correct previous problems.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
The older guys in the video are probably collecting social security now...

Gaming has changed a lot in the past 27 years

The montage of soda can's not opening brings back nightmares.
mad.gif

TVs are so tiny too.

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpykeZ View Post

I dunno why but I really miss that old style Pepsi can.
You guys are talking about the old cans where you pulled the tab and it actually came completely off the can? I vaguely remember those.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts