Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:
ASUS VA278Q (2560 x 1440) IPS Monitor Gets Detailed
Earlier this week at CES 2012 in Las Vegas, ASUS showcased a brand new monitor designed for professional artists and photographers, a 27-inch model called VA278Q that features an LED backlight, an IPS panel, a native resolution of 2560 x 1440 pixels, and 178/178 degree viewing angles.

ASUS' widescreen also has a 'Smart Contrast Ratio' of 80,000,000:1, DVI, HDMI and DisplayPort connectivity, a stand enabling tilt, pivot, swivel, and height adjustments, and the Splendid Video Intelligence Technology providing six pre-set modes (Theater, Scenery, Gaming, Night View, sRGB, and Standard) that 'optimize colors and image fidelity for the onscreen content'. No word yet about the price tag or availability of the VA278Q.
http://techinstyle.tv/products/the-smart-moneys-on-the-asus-va278q/

·
Registered
4,383 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by noak View Post

Finally, more competition for the 2560x(1440|1600) market
I hope its <$600
My thoughts exactly. We need more monitors with 2560 resolution on the market, I hope this resolution becomes the new standard.

·
PC Evangelist
47,498 Posts
After using 2560x1440 and then trying to use 1680x1050 it feels like there is no screen space to work with. I dont think it will be less then $700.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
My next monitor will definitely be a 27" IPS or greater.

·
Read Only
10,321 Posts
Would like to see a 24 inch model. The 24 inch PA monitor just doesn't appeal to me but the looks of this one do. Looks like NEC monitors though.

Other than that, win. Asus.
thumb.gif

·
PC Evangelist
47,498 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFTW View Post

I dont understand though, If we have bigger resolutions that means using them for PC will result in text size being stupidly small :/
I love the feats a IPS panel has though
Not when the screen is 27 inch.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
I have a 1920x1080 27inch monitor about 150cm from where I sit and it's perfect in terms of text size. I'm forced to use it that way due to the room so I never could use a higher resolution than that, hell even if I was sitting up close I feel that this resolution would be too much for me on a 27" (I have terrible eyesight and glaucoma which keeps making it even worst).

I'd really prefer manufacturers would concentrate on making better and cheaper panels (IPS for the masses) than launching a resolution race which seems to be the trend at the moment everywhere, even in freaking tablets.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kauke View Post

Is ips display less stressful on eyes than LCD?
IPS is LCD. I find IPS the most clearest in terms of colors and viewing text and such. It's just a different way to manufacturer the pixels. TN panels are cheap to make, but have terrible colors and viewing angle, hence why many are in the $80-$150 range. IPS has better colors and, most of the time, almost 180 degrees viewing angles, but is more expensive to manufacture, hence the $200-$800 price, depending on size and resolution.

Interesting to know what the price might be. I think $600 would be the sweet spot for this, $700 maximum.

1 - 20 of 141 Posts