Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:

ATI has delivered the goods. Speaking to a few people, they wondered if ATI had been holding the driver back for the release of the GTX 400 series. To be honest, I think what we're seeing today is months of hard work finally coming to show. You combine these performance improvements with the new features mentioned on the front page and you've got one of the best driver sets we've seen to date from ATI.

There are some NICE performance improvements!
These will be released next week.
Source

• Rep+
Reactions: shnur

·
Registered
207 Posts
so is 10.3 officially out??
pretty excited im getting my 5870 tommoro too ! =]

·
Premium Member
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by IEATFISH
View Post

Source?

Added, my bad

·
Banned
2,905 Posts
This is great news.
Now that some true power was unleashed by these drivers, I'm sure ATI is more confident than ever to take on the GTX 400 GPUs!

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
sorry to thread jack, but does anyone know where the 10.3p beta drivers are, i need drivers right now, i just installed my OS on my new board.

·
Premium Member
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Premium Member
12,992 Posts
Probably more marketing trickery similar to what happened with RV770 and Eyefinity.

They make nVidia think they are behind and then nVidia sets their performance accordingly and WHAM! AMD comes out with something crazy right when nVidia releases it's finished product.

I wouldn't mind seeing the 5830 performance though. Of all of AMD's evergreen cards it performs the worst.

·
Premium Member
12,992 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sosikwitit
View Post

Ya, Nice drivers indeed, Instead of a 38 minimum you'll be getting 32ish, Enjoy your couple extra maximum frames.

*average frames

The 32 fps minimum probably accounts for 0.05% of actual gameplay, whereas the extra 5 or 6 FPS you gain in the average accounts for 95%

·
Premium Member
12,992 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sosikwitit View Post
*Saulin asks for proof*

Be sure to bookmark this page in case you forget. I still have a SA news thread from last year bookmarked where Charlie predicted a March launch for Fermi and 003 was telling everyone that Fermi would release in December like nVidia said.

I told him I would laugh at him when it released in March and well... I DID

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
either that preview driver site is flooded or it just isnt working because the page just sits there. I'll just wait till thursday i guess.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts